Intertwinement

You slowly walked back over to Levi and collapsed at his side. You stared at his face with a solemn expression. Your eyes travelled down his body to his wound which couldn't be spotted through of all the blood. Wet tears escaped your right eye while blood trailed down your left and dripped onto Levi.

"I'm sorry, Levi... I'm sorry," you whispered, softly placing your hand on his cheek. The blood that had landed on him slowly made its way to the open wound and dropped into it. There was a hissing noise and steam, signaling the blood was healing whatever it was touching, but you knew better. Levi was dead. There's no way you could reverse death this long afterwards. You sighed and rubbed away your tears with your sleeve. Looking over his chest you noticed the blood surrounding his wound was gone and the wound itself was healed. You slowly placed your hand on his chest and applied pressure, but you didn't feel anything. You placed your head where his heart was, and by straining your ears to the point where they bled, you heard it.

Thump thump.

It was faint and almost silent, but you were sure it was there. Your whole body was trembling with anticipation and relief. Had the blood worked? Will that be enough to keep the heart pumping long enough to revive him? You didn't know. You'd have to wait. So lost in your own thoughts, you didn't hear footprints coming down the hall, until you heard a high pitched scream. Your head snapped from his chest and looked behind you to see Rhea slowly backing away with her hands covering her mouth. You slowly got up and walked towards her. She glanced at you with her eyes before turning fully around.

"Did you... do this?" It was barely a whisper. You glanced at the ocean of blood that stained the walls and floor like a fresh coat of paint.

"Yes, I did," you replied stoically, redirecting your eyes to Rhea. She looked at you as if she had remembered something. She slowly walked up to you and held out her arms. You stood still, waiting for her to finish what she was doing. Your fear for her went away long ago. She gently placed her hand on your cheek. Not in a malicious, threatening type of way, but a kind, loving type of way. Like she use to do when you were younger. You almost melted into it. Almost.

"Y/n?" She said quietly, staring in your e/c and black hues with her yellow ones. "What happened to you?"

"I think I should be asking you that."
Rhea sighed, tears building up in her eyes rapidly.

"I'm sorry Y/n..." She blinked and the tears went cascading down her face. "I'm sorry!" She engulfed you in a hug, sobbing into your neckline. You didn't hug her back. Instead you just let her do as she pleased.

"I'm so sorry! I know I don't deserve your forgiveness, but please...! Just know how sorry I am for everything I've done to you! I never... I never..." She wasn't even able to finish to her sentence because she was cut off by another round of sniffles.

"It's okay, mom," you replied, causing her eyes to widen. "Time can heal all wounds, right? Except a broken heart?" Rhea nodded and loosened her grip on you.

"That's right. I can't believe you remembered--" She was interrupted by her own gasp. She looked down and saw your blood surrounding your hand in a spike, impaling into her stomach. She coughed up blood which landed on your cheek, her eyes wide and full of tears. "Why...?"

"I'm doing one last act of kindness and letting you travel to the next life. With my father," you replied, jerking your hand from her stomach. She slowly fell forward, and you let her brush by before falling onto the floor with a thump. Your blood retracted back into your body.

"Y.../n?"
You froze suddenly and slowly craned your head behind you. There he was. Levi was sitting up, clutching his chest and looking at you in worry. Your eyes widened and your heartbeat sped up. You turned and ran towards him, sliding onto your knees when you were close enough and crashed into him. Your arms were wrapped tightly around his neck and his were around your waist. You didn't care if you got blood on you and neither did he. You buried your head in the side of his neck and so did he. He knew you were crying and you knew he was crying as well. Your hand tangled itself in his hair. You refused to let go of him as did he.

"You big idiot..." You whispered into his ear through crying. A small chuckled escaped his lips, though it sounded sad.

"I'm your idiot though."

~
You and Levi were both sitting in the infirmary together. The titans that Rhea was controlling had turned to dust soon after she died. The Survey Corps quickly found you and Levi in a ball together, hugging each other like your life depended on it. Levi grabbed your hand and squeezed it.

"Are you sure, Y/n? We don't know how long you'll have to be there," Levi asked, staring at you with worry in his eyes. You lightly smiled at him, causing a faint pink hue to tint his cheeks. It was so rare that you smiled he gets so flustered around you when you do.

"I'm sure, Levi. Besides, it's not like my ability to kill and fight is going to go downhill. I need to do this for all the people who I killed that didn't deserve to be. Of course, if they hadn't done anything bad in the first place they wouldn't be dead," you grumbled the last part and crossed your arms. Levi smiled and lightly kissed your cheek.

"Then... I'll be waiting here until you arrive back after."

"I'll be counting on you for that."

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}