Chapter one

*Important*

Hey, I know some of you fans and wattpaders may recognize this tittle. Yes, this was published before but It got deleted by accident by someone, but I do own the copy on my computer so I decided to re-upload it. created and published this story on wattpad about a year ago, it was not taken from anyone.

HOWEVER, I DID CHANGE THE STORY! Also I attempted to fix my grammar and spelling errors (no more i's!) and I took out some bits and added others. :) I hope this makes it a little more different for those choosing to re-read it.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this story I'm going to re-tell.

V  C  F     :)

o  o  a

t   m  n

e  m

     e

     n

     t

Chapter One.

~*~

"Mommy no! I don't want to, please!" I stare at my mother, terrified.

"I'm sorry sweetheart, but someday you might need It." my mother says, a sympathetic look in her eyes.

"But Mommy, I'm afraid of pools, I don't like water. I don't I swear!"

 My mother lets out a frustrated sigh. "Listen Clair, I know you don't like water but these swimming lessons are needed. You never know if you get into a situation where you'll need them." 

I cross my arms and huff. I give mom the silent treatment the rest of the drive to the pool. I hated those lessons. I hated every Thursday after school for months. 

Then there I was, going down down down. Why am I still around?

I opened my eyes, gasping. Why would I dream of that? I shuddered and was glad I awoke before my dream completely turned into my nightmare. I rubbed my eyes and stretched my arms out wide but then something clicked in my mind, I was so in my head that I didn't notice the fact that I wasn't in my purple bedroom and I wasn't underneath my warm white bed sheets. I was in a room made of metal. All of it just plain gray metal, the floor, the walls the ceiling. My eyes widened and I my jaw dropped. I stood up and took in the little space of this small square room. It seemed approximately 7 by 7 feet. It smelt damp for some reason, but I didn't see any water. This must be some sick joke. I'm probably on some screen somewhere with my friends sitting around, waiting and watching me freak out. Who'd play a prank like this?

"It's not funny!" I screamed to nothing in particular, I didn't see any cameras. "I don't know who's up to this but this is just ridiculous! What are you waiting for me to do?" I walked around while running a hand on the metal walls looking for a doorway, a button, an exit. But there wasn't any. Panic hit me like a car on the highway. How do I get out?

NO, I thought, this was some dumb joke or... or maybe it's not a joke, maybe someone took me. A killer kidnapped me and now I'm waiting in line to die!  I froze in place as my mind raced like a rocket going into total panic mode. All those CSI, Criminal Mind and police shows flew by in front of my eyes reminding me of rooms identical to this one that those psychopaths kept young girls in.

I leaned against the wall and crashed down. With my knees in my arms I tried to calm down. If this was some sick line crossing joke, I'd wait it out. In an hour they'd get bored and let me go, whoever 'they' where. Once they let me out of here and once I got my hands on them they'd wish I never got out! But in the back of my head my mind was thinking of the other possibility, what if this wasn't a joke? I didn't want to think about it.

I noticed I was still in my pajamas, my white short pajama shorts with monkeys and clouds on them and an oversized black converse shirt. This must mean I was abducted while I was asleep in bed. Wait, what about Jane, she must be worried sick! What time was it anyways? Was she even up? How did I not feel a thing getting here? The longer I sat there, forehead on my knees and my arms wrapped around, the more I felt angry and confused. And scared, scared out of my mind. I let my feet down and felt my arms and legs to see if there was a bruise or a sore limb indicating there was a needle involved. But my body didn't hurt, it just felt drained of all its energy.

Five minutes later and I couldn't deal with this anymore. I shot up and screamed and I began to  bang my fist on the cold wall. The whole room started slowly swaying and making creaking noises. My breath caught and my fists dropped to my sides. I shut my eyes tight while I waited for the moving to stop. When it did I slowly opened my eyes. Oh my God... Am I in some sort of an elevator?! But how could it be an elevator, there were no doors to get out from--  I lost my train of thought as I began to hear the sound of screeching metal and the floor beneath me was moving. I flinched closing my eyes and putting my hands to my ears. The noise was unbearable!

Then I fell.  I hadn't fallen down on the ground, no, I fell down below the floor. I looked up seeing the metal room get smaller and smaller as I kept falling; it seemed as though the floor of the room was split apart straight through the middle and pushed aside. All around me was pitch black, the only light I saw was the one that was on the ceiling of the - now very far- metal room. My stomach felt like it was doing thousands of somersaults. I screamed as I fell further and further. 

I tensed as I hit liquid. Cold water it seemed. I went sank as bubbles followed my path with my mouth filling with water. I moved my arms frantically trying to swim back up but I couldn't. I didn't move, I didn't float up or sink any deeper. I just floated idly where I was. My body was stiff. My eyes shut. I could feel the goose bumps rise. Was this all in my head? Maybe a nightmare? Surly I wasn't mistaken when all my life I thought that when you jumped into water you'd rise, right?

My chest got tighter and tighter, I needed air! I tried to swim up, I tried so hard! But I didn't get anywhere. I'm going to die; I'm going to die right now. Like this. No air. I'm going to die... in water! was all that was going through my head.

My body was going numb from the almost icy cold water and it was as though I could feel my brain shutting down from the lack of oxygen.