Chapter 2

Chapter 2

notes: i was feeling generous.

Smirking smugly down at the short blonde-haired student, he nodded in her way. "That's my name, don't wear it out."

"W—what... what are you doing here?!"

"This is my house." He said as if it was the obvious thing in the world as Lucy blinked and stared up at him with wide eyes. She continued to stare as she pinched herself and lightly slapped herself in the face, trying to wake up but no matter what she did, he was still there.

Gulping, she shook her head and denied it. "T—there's no way this is your—"

"Natsu! Hurry and come back inside with Lucy, hm? It's dark and cold out there!" Grandine shouted from the house making the two glance over at the door to see the blue-haired woman waving in their direction before disappearing inside the house. Natsu nodded in her direction before turning back at the blonde, raising his brow as he smirked. "Do you believe me, now?"

"H—how..."

"Do you need help with your bags?" He asked pointing at her luggage as Lucy glanced down and gulped. She opened her mouth to say something but he quickly interrupted her. "Oops, I forgot. You don't want my help, right?" He tilted his head to the side in an innocent manner making Lucy gawk at his retreating figure. "Have fun bringing your shit inside, Luigi."

"It's Lucy!"

Huffing in irritation and annoyance, Lucy lifted her luggage up and struggled to come inside the house with them. Huffing and cursing, she made it to the house within two trips, wheezing slightly after all the heavy lifting.

"Natsu, I thought I told you to go help Lucy!" Grandine scolded as he shrugged. "She said she'll do it."

"You don't let a lady do these kinds of things."

"But she insisted—who am I to disobey her wishes?" He asked, giving his mother a look as he sat on the couch, phone in his hands as he glanced over at the blonde. Grandine only scowled at him as Lucy made a face of discomfort, ignoring him. Making her way over to the couch where her mother and Igneel was, she sat down in the unoccupied one as Grandine sat right next to her.

"This is my oldest, Natsu," Igneel introduced his son as Layla nodded and smiled at him. Natsu gave a light nod and smile as he went back to surfing his phone as Lucy gave him dirty looks.

Grandine noticed the looks and giggled slightly, placing her hand on her knee. "You two are familiar with each other... right?"

Lucy flushed slightly and smiled shyly, nodding. "Well... yes, we attend the same school. Though, we don't share any classes together."

"That's right... it would be hard since our little Natsu does a lot of sports and is not that good at studying, hm?"

Natsu shot his mother a deadly look telling her to stop talking but she didn't seem to get the hint as she giggled with Lucy. "Is he even popular with the ladies in school? I mean... look at him! Always wearing that scarf and always on his phone or listening to music... playing useless sports and not to mention his poor grades! Who is willing to date that?"

Lucy glanced on over at the pink-haired male who looked like he was ignoring the conversation, the blonde finding it funny his mother thought that since he was one of the popular jocks in school.

Girls were head over heels in love with this guy and not to mention he's a major douchebag.

"Ah... well..."She mumbled as someone started to come down the stairs, the small footsteps catching everyone's attention. Down came a small boy, about the age twelve approaching the large group. He went right towards his mother as Grandine brushed the dark hair out of his eyes, smiling widely. "Ah, Layla, this is my youngest, Romeo! We adopted him when he was just a young lad and he's growing up to be like his older brother which is not okay."