Part Three

“We’ll talk after class.” Cassia said to Charlie and everyone went to class.

After class ended, Cassia and Mira were waiting outside for everyone.

Nikia, Roman, and Charlie came out together arguing.

“Calm down, guys or I’m afraid I might have to light you’re pants on fire.” Cassia threatened.

Mira shot Cassia an eye-wide glance.

Cassia giggled, “Don’t worry Mira, I’m not being serious.”

Mira sighed and looked away.

“Alright, first order of business...” Cassia crossed her arms over her chest and smiled politely at Charlie. “Why do you keep showing up in Mira’s dreams?”

Charlie chucked and looked at Mira, “She’s cute... But I’ve never been in her dreams. I’ve never even met her. I have to meet the person before I explore their dreams.” He butted in, “Now since you’re done with me. I’m leaving.” Charlie turned to leave.

Cassia glared with daggers, basically made of fire when Charlie’s shirt accidentally caught fire.

“WHAT THE HECK.” He yelled.

Cassia shrugged, sorry and put it out before it could do any real damage. “Stay.” She muttered.

Mira looked at Charlie, staring basically, because she’s seen him before.

Somewhere before.

Charlie sat down in front of the lockers. “Your friend, Mira... Right? She might be cute... But, uh, well, she’s kind of creepy – she keeps staring at me.”

Nikia looked at him stunned, "You have no self control anymore do you? You've been appearing in this girls dreams, she's drew pictures of you..."

"I told you I don't know her." he stated bluntly then looked back to Mira. "I'm not gonna like lunge at you and kill you... Stop staring."

Mira quickly looked to the ground and Nikia knelt down in front of Charlie. "Don't talk to her like that, okay? The only person you can talk to like that is me."

"I think you made it very clear earlier how you felt when you slapped me earlier."

"I didn't know if you were dead or alive, so please forgive me for reacting in furry when you show up and are all like 'hey I'm alive'."

"Well you're lucky I don't fry your boyfriend."

Roman lunged toward Charlie but Nikia held Roman back. "He's the only reason that I have stayed sane while you were gone... And we are over Charlie, we have been for a long time... Now you owe Mira some answers... You own me some answers too, and at lunch you are going to give us those answers... Or I'll tell everyone, everything I know."

He froze, "You wouldn't..."

"You don't know me very well do you?"

“...I don’t know anything about that girl – Mira.” Charlie started and shrugged. “I’m being completely and totally honest – believe me.” He looked at Nikia. “...I don’t remember anything from my past – as you should know.” He glared at her. “So don’t try blackmailing me, when I really don’t freaking know and I’m just as freaked out as you are... Especially when I now know she’s drawing photos of me and I’ve never even seen her.”

Nikia rolled her eyes, wondering if he was lying but he seemed sincere. She was not about to let him get off.

“Hold on Nikia, before you do anything rash... Let him look at these.” Cassia said taking Mira’s sketchpad and showed Charlie a photo of him. Angel Charlie.

“Dang, I look good as an Angel. Thank you, Mira.” He smiled at her.

Mira blushed, because she was embarrassed.

Charlie looked back at the page again.

Nikia nodded, "See I told you it looked like you." She paced about and then buried her face in Roman's chest in complete frustration.

Charlie shook his head at her. "Okay, listen... I know this is weird but Nikia, you need to calm down."

"Don't tell me what to do, you have no right at that." Taking a deep breath, Nikia could feel her frustration bubbling and she sank down to a small bunny fluffy and white.

Roman picked her up holding her in his arms. "Sometimes when she is freaking out, she becomes a bunny... I couldn't tell you why."

Charlie sneered at Roman, "Yeah, I know all about it, usually she is either a kitten or a bunny. Funny how her vulture-like personality would choose something so fluffy."

"Watch it." Roman stated calmly. "Mira, would you like to have lunch with us? Cassia, you too... and of course you, Charlie... maybe we could figure something out about what's going on?"

"I don't know anything about this," Charlie stated flatly.

"But I think Nikia does." he said petting the bunny in his hands that was sitting calmly.

“Um...” Mira looked at Roman, the fluffy bunny and petted it. “Can I hold the bunny? Or will she bite me?” She looked at Roman completely oblivious about other things.

Roman shook his head no, “I feel comfortable when I’m holding her.”

“Okay.” Mira nodded and muttered stuff and popped up a carrot, and held it open to the bunny. “Would you like a carrot?”

The bunny sniffed it, but then held it nose high.

“You do know its Nikia right?” Roman asked Mira, wondering how clueless this girl really was.

Mira nodded, “I can see it in her eyes. Her shape might change, but her eyes never do.” She kissed the bunny’s head and patted it. Then turned to Charlie. “Sorry for staring. You’re just very familiar. I guess it’s because I see you in my dreams.” She smiled at him.

Charlie nodded, but was taken aback from how pretty Mira was but never showed it, she kind of resembled the sunlight.

Cassia watched Mira; she was as expressionless as a zombie. She seemed to only show a slight sign of depression and a smile.

Mira looked at Cassia, and Cassia realized how beautiful Mira was... In an innocent kind of way. Unlike most witches who were beautiful – but devious.

They group headed to lunch together.

“Hey Roman, when is Nikia going to turn back?” Cassia asked Roman, as she ate a fry out of her lunch.

Roman shrugged, "She spent a whole day like this once, she should come out of it soon."

The Nakia bunny hopped out of Roman's arms and landed on the ground where she proceeded just to bounce around. For a moment they all just watched her And after a minute or two she came back to her human form and just looked at Mira. "Really? You try to feed me carrots?"

"I just thought you'd like it?"

"Well thank you for the gesture, but I don't like carrots. But you pet me on the head one more time i might just bite you." She laughed, she hoped the girl knew she was joking but the chances of that were slim to none.

Nikia sat down next to Charlie and just looked at him and then up at Mira, she was pretty and she knew Charlie thought the same. Something about dating someone for a while you could always tell when they were checking out someone else. She expected jealousy but it never came.

Roman though didn't like the fact that Nikia was looking at Charlie, so instead he decided to stir the pot a little. "Mira, tell Charlie about your dream, maybe it will jog your memory."

Nikia bit her tongue, she did know things about Charlies past that he didn't, she just didn't know if it were her place to say.