Chapter 1.

The toyota made a whimsical noise as Grace pulled up the breaks with a hustle.

''Mom, can't you drive a bit calm? " murmured Cici as she still gazed at her novel which was comfortably placed in her lap.

''You scared kid! " said Greg as he poked out a wide sarcastic grin towards Cici, which she initially looked at, and then decided to ignore.

The doors were flunked wide open, and the trio stepped out the SUV to be greeted with a fine breeze. The sun was up, and it was a perfect day to shift, as thought by Grace.

The outside was beautiful, A large white mansion, with a rhetorical look that added to the artistic feels. 

The large signboard hanging outside the main gate sported of a vintage color, and a shade of sepia spoke out ''Lancaster’s''.

Grace read that out thrice, and with a belligerent smile, gave a motherly hug to both Greg and Cici.

''Look that room near the window, that would be mine,'' pointed Greg, as if commanding Cici to better be aware of a fact.

''Whatever,'' managed Cici as she flipped through another page of 'The invisible'. 

Greg smiled a victorious smile, and stuck his tongue out to ensure he did his entire bit to tease his elder sister, who however, stayed numb and engrossed in the text.

The walk in towards the doorway was a bit long and tiring owing to the forty minute long drive. Grace held three bag packs on her own, thereby ensuring that the children had nothing but their own stuff to manage along. Her hair posed a big problem owing to the breeze blowing across, but she somewhat managed to make way to the doorway, where she saw a familiar round face with a lit up smile.

Check shirts and faded jeans defined Robin ever since the day he met the Lancaster's. A chubby young man in his thirty's, Robin was a character in himself who never failed when put to test with wit and satire.

''Hey Robin,'' managed Grace as she gathered her breath along with her bag packs which had been a bit too heavy for her frame that aged 28. 

'Mrs Lancaster, here are the keys," said Rob as he pulled out a dangling pair of two golden keys which had a beautiful crucifix as a key chain.

Rhea sported her beautiful smile as usual. Even though her heart missed Bob. She had never imagined that the tour outside Vienna would have lasted more than a month, and she would find no assistance from Bob in shifting to their dream villa.

"Greg and Cici, lift those boxes one by one inside," she commanded with a smile as she tucked the key in the front door, slamming it open to a serene breeze.

The hallways was just as she had anticipated, large Italian coffee colored flooring tiles, not so bland and not so bright, just subtle, just soothing. The windows were large and airy, and made for a great source of peeping out in the backyard at chickens that frolicked in the hay.

The wallpaper had a tinge of brown to the edges, and was suggestive of the hand of time that swept across. The flowers printed on the walls looked beautiful in the puffed up hue of black with a gray halftone. 

The lights had an archaic tinge to them, the yellow was pure, yet a bit crinkled, and that was all Grace Lancaster had ever dreamt of.

"Love it already? " asked Robin, with a wry smile all over his mature face.

"Absolutely, this is marvelous," she managed to say before she heard a loud sound from the room next to the hallway.

She rushed straight in, to find out Greg standing with a guilt that swept his face, and a carton full of books down on the floor, emptied.

"Greg, you want dinner today if I'm not wrong? " she said as she walked out indicating him to clear the room as soon as possible.

"So, I'd be leaving Ms. Lancaster, have a good time," murmured Robin thereby denying a tea proposal put forward by Grace.

"Alright, have a good day Rob," said Grace as she bolted the front door which screeched shut.

"Finally Bob, we have our dream in front of our eyes", spoke Grace to herself as she held the talisman she wore on her breast. Bob was still there around her neck, and her heart.

"Mom, when will Dad be back?" screamed out Cici as she saw Grace looking at the neckpiece silently.

"Maybe next week darling, you're done with your room?'' she replied with a sigh.

"Yeah Mom, the mirror in the bathroom is a bit too large I suppose, but I'll manage," said Cici in a complaining tone as she walked upstairs.

Grace made another walk through the house in order to be more familiar with the abode. 

The front was all pretty with a large lawn complemented by the beauty of large white lilies which flared with the swirling waves of wind blowing across.

The hedges were carved along with great precision and added to the beholder's delight. And just the way Grace had wanted it, was a large white swing which stood firm in the center of the lawn, and moved back and forth to the flowing wind.

"Divinity," whispered Grace to herself as she gathered herself and sat on the swing with her eyes closed to silence.

"Bob, you're missed," she mumbled as she spoke on the phone.

"Me too sweetheart, I'll be back the coming week! I so want to have a glimpse of our new house! ," spluttered Bob all in haste and excitement.

That sent Grace into big fits of laughter and the set her up for an hour long of smooth conversation.

They talked about everything, from the white lilies to the giant mirror that bothered Cici.

"Okay honey, take care and be back soon! "said Grace as she dropped the line and stood off the swing.

The day had been a demanding one, and she felt too tired to cook. 

"The dinner is from McDonald's tonight," she screamed out to make sure she was heard by Cici and Greg.

"Ahh, not the vegetarian stuff, please!" shouted Greg from his room as he dropped a shot on another opponent in 'God of War'.

"There you go, you cracked up ass! " were his words of consolation for the tiny Zombie like creature who fell to his last breath before the screen blacked out.

"Gaah, what was that! " screamed out Cici from her room as the lights went off.

"Might be a power cut, stay wherever you are while I look for the emergency light," commanded Grace as she fiddled with stuff in the giant carton filled up to the brim.

"Mom, there was a candle in my closet, shall I use that?" asked out Greg before receiving a nod of agreement.

Lighting a candle was the most difficult task to do amidst a cold night which battled a high degree of breeze.

"Common Man!" huffed Greg as he tried out his last matchstick to success.

The flame held a bit of strength, and that was enough to light the candle up.

"Mom, I'm bringing it down to the hallway", he said as he made a few steps towards the staircase.

Greg's boots were new and imported something he used to show around to his friends.

But he wondered if the made such loud noises on the floor.

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

Jack felt a vibration in his chest, and realized it must be Wendy.

He stopped and with his left hand, pulled out the cell phone, and read out the text which was full of lovely emoticons.

"Greg, will you stop running like a maniac?" blared out Cici from her room.

And it was then, Greg heard it loud.

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

______________________________