Chapter 4

I promised myself I wouldn't date this year...that's obviously not going to happen. I mean it could, but thinking of Damien..err..Mr. Tanner. And the incredible kissing. It felt right.

"Sammy, we're going to miss our stop!" I felt Isby punch my side as the bus stopped. I rolled my eyes.

"I've lived here longer than you have, I've never missed my stop once." Okay, that was a lie. And Isby knew that.

She narrowed her eyes at me as we got off the bus. "Remember that one time when we were going to have a movie night at your place and you missed your bus stop on the way home from school and the next stop was two miles away? So you walked two miles back to your house? And this was all because you were too busy fantasizing about Calcifer Cook who ended up moving back to England?"

"Okay that was one time." I scoffed.

"Oh really? What about that one time when you missed your stop because you were too busy barking at the dog being walked at the side of the road?"

"He was picking a fight with me!"

"And that one time when when y-"

"Okay okay  I get it!" I shushed her as we got off the bus.

You see, I live in a mansion off at the edge of the school district borders. My parents are doctors and are very rich and are currently in Europe performing famous surgeries and such on people so famous that I can't even pronounce their names. So my parents left me in the mansion with my brother who is currently in medical school. My brother's supposed to be watching after me while they're gone but he only comes to visit every other weekend, because well, we don't like each other. And that's okay because the feeling's mutual.

So I don't live alone because Isby moved in with me. We have some butlers and maids who do the cooking and cleaning so I don't have to worry about anything. As long as I get good grades, I'm fine.

"Hey look, someone's moving in next door." Isby pointed out as we entered our subdivision.

The mansion next door to ours has been vacant for well over three years. And someone's finally moving in.

It's surprising how it's been vacant for so long. It's a pretty nice mansion. With brick exteriors and old style windows. It has a fountain out front with a roundabout driveway and giant black metal gates. And vines have began growing up at the side of the building giving it a nice mystical feel.

There were three moving trucks in the driveway. The movers were taking things out one by one and they revealed a bike. It wasn't a girl's bike because it wasn't pink or anything. "They have a boy!" I exclaimed a little too loudly to which I clamped my hand over my mouth to stop myself from exclaiming anything else that would seem stalkerish.

"You think he's our age? You think he's cute?" Isby began questioning.

"I don't know. We don't even know for sure if they even have a boy." I began walking again, Isby by my side.

"Yeah. But if they do have a cute boy..." Isby began.

"Then you'll get dibs." I smiled.

Isby nodded. "Good girl."

We continued walking but stopped when we heard a voice call from behind.

"Hey!" It was a guy, definitely a guy.

Isby and I turned around at the same time, my jaw almost dropping from the sight of the guy in front of us. He looked our age and was a bit taller than me and Isby. He had black hair with lime green eyes and was wearing a v-neck shirt with a dress jacket. I heard Isby whisper "dibbs" and I twitched my eye, upset.