The Wolf's Bait ~ Chap 17: Another Side

Hey guys! I can't help but post another chap  :D It's not due now but I got so excited haha!

I spent a lot of time thinking about this Chap, and it's sort of like a sneak peak on the future events that will happen in the nest chappies ;) 

Btw, I almost cried while writing the last part so yeah... watch out for that Bait Mates! ;)

Pic on the right is of Ian Somerhalder... he plays Azmer ;) -------->

Please do comment, add to your library, like, fan, and even vote! Please do VOTE! I need all the votes I can get! :P

SO yeah, hope you enjoy guys! ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Chap 17: Another Side~

~Autumn’s POV~

Bryce.

I finally saw him… he didn’t take his life away thank goodness… just as we got near him, I felt Asher tense up and the tingling in my nose told me the reason why… there was another guy single-handedly beating the crap out of him. A threat. Ash ran faster and all I could do was to shout his name, telling him we’re coming… that help was coming. I was coming.

Then, everything happened all too quickly. Bryce was suddenly engulfed in what seemed like blue flames… it danced around him torturously as he winced in agony. I could only imagine the pain he was feeling right now… I pot of boiling water once burned my arm and it hurt like hell. This was something ten times as hurtful.

“Go help him.” I told Asher through our psychic link.

“But you’ll get hurt. I’ll drop you off first.”

“There’s no more time for that!” I exclaimed out loud. “I’ll jump, I have a protective charm! Go!”

Then, without hesitation, I leapt of Asher’s back. Jumping out of a running six-foot wolf was harder than I thought. My body twisted awkwardly as I fell on the soil, leaving me behind him. I then assessed myself for any damage. Fortunately, my six-foot fall down caused me nothing but dirty clothes. The charm worked.

Glancing up, I saw Asher approach the man. Whoa, wait. Did he just phase?!? How in the world could that happen?!? I was still too stunned from his phasing that I didn’t notice where I was at. Yeah, a muddy ground. And I couldn’t do anything to help. By now, Asher was already engaging the other wolf in a dance to death. It was a crazy thing to see. Two wolves, bent on incapacitating each other. It took all of my courage to head off to them.

Slowly, I let my feet take flight. One step at a time. I found myself nearing Bryce when suddenly, the other wolf phased back to his human self and looked at me questioningly. Oh crap. What do I do know? I haven’t actually thought about going head to head with a wolf. With powers. What the heck. I froze in place as I decided what to do next. Fight or flee? Well, fighting is not an option really, but to flee? I can’t just leave them here to die. And what good would running anyway do to me? He’ll be able to catch up with me in seconds.

Then, I made what’s probably the most reckless thing to do. I ran to him.

He looked at me with eyes wide in confusion. I probably mirrored the same expression on my face as I tried to decipher why in the world he’d be surprised at the sight of a crazy looking teenage girl running wildly towards him. He’s gone head to head with two of the best fighters for crying out loud. Why is my presence so startling? I refused to get any self conscious from the way he was looking at me. Heck, I was a good distraction. Good enough to actually give Ash an opening.