Star Clash: A Review

Star Clash
Written by: @elveloy

A review by @parishsp

They were given the prompt: 13 worlds, a trusting humanoid race that is officially duped by the humans. They looked like them, walked like them, and were even able—through technology—to talk like them.

But that’s where the similarities ended.

In the end, the brutal race of humans burned bridges, cities, even entire worlds.

But the natives? They decided to fight back: end them or die trying. 

LV Loyd took the prompt, and ran with it. 

All the way to the finish line, beating out @bloodsword,  @jewel_1307, and @parish176  for the title of SciFi Smackdown master--the winner of the SFSD7. 

Loyd secured the title with Star Clash--a short story of eight parts of galactic proportions. In the story, Loyd takes the reader through a multi-narrator sequence and manages the jumps in storylines seamlessly. 

The Low Down:
Star Clash takes place over a multiplanetary system, covering the seemingly nasty details of a rivalry between the Vishnans and the humans. The narrators weave a story of slavery, bitter rivalry, and an ancient race tucked back in the mountains of a mountian on neutral ground--the Ancians, keepers of all knowledge and history of all races. Loyd builds three distinct storylines, one of which containing a plot to carry out a mass genocide of the humans and the Vishna alike. Throughout the story, the reader will find themself on edge as Loyd declares the winner of the war. 

You Want to Read It, Because... 
Loyd's writing style is upbeat and quirky--her paragraphs punctuated by sassy phrases and smart plays on words (Vishna, anyone?). Not only does Loyd weave the storylines dang close to perfect, but the ending. THAT ENDING! 

...sometimes I don't know whether to be angry or just laugh at it. 

When I read it, I did both. 

On a scale of 10, I give Star Crash a solid 9. If you would like to check it out: 
http://www.wattpad.com/43023960-star-clash-sfsd7-winner

Thanks, @elveloy!