Chapter 10: New Beginnings

April 19th Saturday Morning

Ness’s POV

I woke up and looked at the clock it was 8:40, and I was up pretty early for going to bed so late last night. The gang and I decided to throw a bonfire in celebration of spring break and for warm weather, I was happy that this whole week would be me time.

Anna’s cousin Allison was arriving on April 26 Saturday and then we would see her at school on Monday the 28th; her schedule was the same as Anna’s which meant that she would have some classes with us.

The gang also decided that we would have small welcoming party for her on May 1st which was Friday, so I was pretty excited.

Today I was getting together with the girls to have a farewell party since Alexis would be leaving for California on Sunday morning and Josie to Arizona and Anna to New Jersey. Brenda was staying in Forks and so was I.

When I came home the other day, my family had already hounded me and Anna, mostly because Anna had gone home with me and my family wanted to talk to her about her cousin, so it took a while, she left around 10:30.

I got out of bed and went to my bathroom to freshen up, and changed into some comfortable clothing, today it was pretty warm, so I could get away with something cuter.

I threw on a denim skirt, and a red and black button up short sleeve skirt, with some red vans, I did a sort of waterfall braid on my hair, put on my usual makeup, found some jewelry and grabbed my bag.

I walked downstairs and noticed that it was pretty quiet, but then I heard voices outside, Esme, Alice and Rosalie were decorating the garden.

I walked outside.

“Hey grandma, Aunt Alice, Rose,” I said while hugging them all.

“Hi, sweetie, you look nice, going anywhere special today?” Esme asked kindly.

“Yea, the girls and I are having a farewell, and then Brenda and I are going out for lunch,” I said while sitting on a nearby bench.

“Oooh sounds like fun how are Brenda and Embry doing anyways?” Rose asked.

“Mmmm okay, I mean things are going slow, but they’re getting there, she wants our help with her outfit tonight, because she’s hanging out with him,” I said while smelling a flower.

Alice gasped and then started to grin happily.

“I take it you two already knew,” I asked while laughing at my Aunts excitement.

“Yep, and we have the perfect outfit for her,” They both said.

“They really do Ness, she’s going to look great and she’ll have an amazing time,” Esme said while watering some flowers.

“Alright, so is 4:30, okay because he’s picking her up at 5:45,” I asked.

“Yea, that’s perfect,” Alice said and then she headed inside with Rose to do some cleaning.

I went over to the cottage and talked with my parents for a bit, and found out that they would be gone for spring break.

“Really, wow, mom and dad well have fun,” I said.

“We will, it’s been awhile since we’ve been to Isle Esme and, I think it’ll be great, but don’t worry your grandparents will be here and so will Rose and Emmett along with Jasper and Alice,” My dad said while stroking my curls.

“Alright, oh and do you know what Jake has planned for me,” I asked my parents as innocent as possible.

My mom caught on and started to laugh, while my dad smirked.