Chapter Two

(Unedited)
Levi POV

"Commander, it makes no sense. Why would she try to kill herself?" I stared down Erwin for answers as to why a girl like her would do such a thing. Erwin knew something I didn't, and I want to know. He stared down at the file in front of him debating with himself.

He looked up, "Do you want the truth or let the dead horse be?" I raised an eyebrow, "If this is a reference to how many horses have died in the corps, not funny. And of course I want the truth." He started to push the file towards me. The file was in front of me, but Erwin still had his hand firmly on top of it as a sign he isn't ready for me to grab it. I looked up at him, "What?" He sighed, "Just. Don't treat her like a monster, like everyone else. Also, read this in your office, alone. She paid for her crimes."

He removed his hand from the file. I picked up the file, looking at its cover, "You're dismissed." I started to leave Erwin's office, "One more thing." I turned to look at him, "Burn it when your satisfied with what you've read." I nodded and left his office.

Y/N POV

I woke up from what seemed to be a nightmare. I tried getting up but I was chained to my bed. An uncomfortable bed at that. I looked around. It seemed to be a normal, run of the mill, room. I was just chained to a bed. I looked over in the corner seeing someone sitting in a chair.

"Hello?"

No response. He looked to be short. He had black hair, and steel eyes that pierced right through me. I asked, "Who are you?" He shook his head a little, "The bastard who was stupid enough to save your ass." I was taken back. He was the one who gave me kindness, but it doesn't make sense, "Wait. You? You saved me?" he nodded, "But..." He glared, "But what?" I was shocked, "You were so kind. Why are you being so cold now?" He threw some type of file on the floor. The papers sliding out a little. I gave a questioning look, "What is that?" He stood up, "Oh, just your entire life written on paper. Black and white. All those people." His last statement he said softly. Not the same softness I once heard. This was cold and distance. He walked over to the door and locked it.

I frowned my brows, "Where did you get that?" He looked at me, "I work for the Scouts. I can get the information I want, when I want. All I have to do is ask my commander." I turned my face down, "What? Hiding your shame? I don't know why I didn't push you off." I began to tear up, "Are you crying? All those lives. All the tears YOU caused and YOU'RE crying?!" I curled up a little, "Please don't yell." I said sheepishly.

I will never forget his coldness.

"How dare you. You deserve every bit of my yelling. After all, you killed my mother." I was in shock, "I what?" he walked quickly over to the file and picked up a file over one of my killings, "This! This right here! Says YOU killed my mother! I was only a child! I thought she took off without me! But she didn't. You took her away." I looked at the picture of the women and the file on her wounds and the evidence. I was confused as to why that was in my file, "Ok, I will admit. I have killed my fair share of people. But her. I didn't. I remember every life I took. She was not one of them." He glared, "Oh, so you don't even remember her?" I was still confused, "No. Its not that. Look at the rest of my killings. You'll notice my pattern. I always left a flower on their chest and they were always criminals. I never killed an innocent." then a realization came to me.

"That's what they used on me in court... They said I even killed an innocent. They were pinning her murder on me." He gave a disgusted, yet confused, look, "Wait... So, you're saying you really didn't kill my mother?" I replied, "I really didnt kill her. Look at the evidence. Whoever killed her was determined to make it look like it was me, but they forgot the most important detail. The flower. Its a symbol for me also morning their death. That person could've really had me there, but they forgot that. I may be a monster, but I still have morals." he sat down with his hand on his face.

I, feeling uncomfortable said, "I'm sorry to bother your thought process, but I'm losing feeling in my hands." He got up and unchained me. I sat up on the bed, "Are you ok?" He looked at me, "How many enemies did you have?" I was taken back, "Uh, I honestly have no clue who would want to frame me." He unlocked the door and started walking off somewhere. I grabbed my file and followed him.

I caught up to him, "I'm going over my mother's file and your's. I'm figuring out who killed my mother. Then. I'm gonna kill them." I stopped walking. Soon getting out of my short trance and continuing to follow him.

I will never forget his determination.