Chapter 3

Chapter 3

As I woke up, I thought of all the things that had happened to me the last few days. I wanted to know myself so much. Then I remembered the diary I've brought with me from my house.

It was colourful. Stickers, and pictures stuck on it. It also said my name and some other names I didn't know. As I opened it, a whole story opened up to me.

Dear Diary,

Today, I went school. I actually like school lately. I am getting better and better at playing the guitar and I am better at using my voice too. Alicia was amazing at practise as usually. She is so flawless. She's beautfiul and so strechy! I love her.

I saw Will too. He was gorgeous once again and even though he looked at me for like a second, it was great. He has those deep blue eyes I just can't resist. I wish he'd just dump his stupid, and dumb girlfriend Stacey. She is just so annoying. Queen Bitch. Oh well, not everyone can be as awesome as me! Ha! Just kidding!

I should go, mom and dad are calling me to eat. Lasagne today! Yum!

Abigail xx

It was weird. But at least now I know that I have a best friend, Alicia who I totally adore, and my crush is supposed to be Mr Gorgeous Will. And he has some dumb girlfriend. That's ineteresting. Just when I stopped summarising all the information I got, Grandma came.

-Good morning, Lovely! Up early and fresh, aren't you?

-Yeah, I guess. I just wish I could stay in pjs all day!- I answered, shutting the diary.- I'm all ready to go.

-You're not hungry are ya?- Grandma asked.

-Not really, I'd rather have something after the appointment.

-Perfect, now get dressed. See you later, alligator!- She said, closing the door.

I pulled out a black hoodie with a band's name written on it in red, and matched it with some sneakers and leggings. Then I saw this sparkling thing on the shelf. I moved closer and closer to it. It was a small snow globe of a bird.

*Flashback*

-Sweety, do you like it?-asked a tall woman. She had brown hair tied back in a pony tail. Next to her a tall man stood. They all smiled and looked down at me. I felt small. I looked at my hands. They were holding a little snow globe with a little mountain inside it. It was a small globe, but my hands were even tinier. Was...was..was I remembering old times? When I was much younger?

Wait a minute. This woman does not match with the woman on the picture. With my mother. And the man. No. No similarities. But I didn't have time to think more, as my body forced me into an answer.

-I love it, mummy, I love it daddy!- I laughed and I shook the snow globe. Millions of tiny white pieces flew up in the water and slowly dropped back down.

*Present*

I held the snow globe. It was small, but my hands weren't smaller. They were bigger. I was back. And on my way to the hospital, I thought of logical ways that could explain why I called that man and woman my daddy and my mummy. As they clearly they did not match with the people on the photograph.

-Later-

-So...Is this all you have to tell me?- Asked the doctor.

-Yes...What does it mean? Am..Am I remembering?

He chewed his pencil. Thought for a moment and I looked around the room. When will I get out of here? I hate all these white walls and white things, and I am irritated by him chewing that pencil. Ugh.

-Well, I think you are rememering faster than expected.

-Is that a good thing? Do you think I can even go back to school?- I asked, as I knew I can't miss too much of my studies. I did care about my studies, even though I didn't know what I studied.

-Well... It can be a good and a bad thing. You might be annoyed by these little 'flashbacks'. But I think it would be great for you to go to school.- His deep voice carried on.- Meeting friends, new people. Getting back to routines.

-Well, that's..um..great!

-Good, Then I guess I'll see you next time, Abigail. Oh and good luck in school.

-Thank you. And bye!

I closed the door behind me. As I stepped into the waiting hall, I saw Grandma, talking to an old man. I waved and she said goodbye.

-How did it go?

-It went well, I gues.

-Come on, give your old grandmother a good old hug!- She hugged me and I hugged her back.

-I think i want to go back to school.-I wispered it into her ears. She stopped hugging me.

-Are you sure, honey?

-Yes, I think it would be good to know and meet my friends over again. Plus I just can't miss so much of my studies.

-Well if you think you're ready.

That day I went to bed early. I had a mixture of feelings hidden inside of me. I had carefully oacked my school bag. I thought a pencil case, some books and notepads will do enough. In school I might have more notbeooks and exercise books. At first I couldn't sleep, I kept thinking about school and the way it would be. What if my friends don't like me anymore, or whatI'll be left alone...and what if I'm studying something that I have no clue about because I have forgotten what or how to do. I am not even sure if I can still play the guitar.

Next Morning

My alarm went off like crazy. I felt like sleeping was my drug and the bed my drug dealer and of course the alarm the police. I guess my punishment is school.

I slipped out of bed, trying to brush the laziness and exhaustment out of my eyes. I wasn't an ealry bird. I threw on a yellow tank top, black skinny jeans and a pretty jacket I have found. It was camouflage printed and studs made it look more badass. I carefully put on my Converse and grabbed my school bag.

-Breakfast is ready.-Grandma said with a worrying smile on her face. I guess ishe tried to look as positive as she could be, even though under the surface she worried about me.

-Just like I am.

-Sweety, you don't have to do this if you think you're not ready.- She spoke softly, her lips barely touching.

-I am sure I'm ready, Grandma. Don't worry.- I said taking a seat next to her.-Besides, I need to continue my studies. I can't grow up to be a dumb no one.

-That's the spirit.- She said. Sh looked tired and worried. She tried so hard to look positive and to comfort me since I've met her. I never actually thought about the fact that she lost a child.

-I don't want you to worry...you know.- Finally I said, looking into space.

-I do anyways.-She smiled.