Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I woke up for the warm shines of the Sun. They were tickling my face. I sat up in my bed. Looking around the room I saw what I didn't notice yesterday. The room was painted pale pink, full of beautiful flower pattern. Old style wardrobe, bookshelves- filled with ancient books, and a great lamp. 

In one of the corners I noticed a box. It was a simple paper box. I stepped closer. It said "toys" on top of it. I opened it. For my biggest surprise I saw infant toys, clothes and other goodies for little children. Why did she put in a box? Who was it for? The door swing open, and Grandma stood in front of me.

-Hey, Grandma.-I said. I felt ashamed of myself.

-Good morning, sweetheart.- She answered as she didn't see what I've found.

-Grandma, why are these toys in the box?

-Oh. Those.-She seemed sad for a moment. She stood next to me and put her hands on my shoulder. -They're there for a long time.

-Why?- I was curious, and I know it's not the most important thing, but I wanted to know.

-Let's go and eat breakfast, and I'll tell you.

So we did. Sitting around the table, she handed me some fresh, french croissants and she started to tell her story.

-When your mother was younger, she started loving your father. But me and your Grandfather thought that he just distracted your mother. I knew she had to marry the handsome James. She refused, and ran away. I waited for her to come back, to call, to write. She didn't. I found  lot of baby toys she had when she was young, in case she comes back with a baby. In case she loves me again. She didn't. So for a long time, day by day, I used to sit by the fire, and look at the toys. Her toys. I looked at them and a memory came back. Then one day, I stopped hoping anymore. I knew she wouldn't come back.- She took a bite.- And I didn't know about you until the hospital called me up, and told me about the accident.

I felt ashamed of my own mother. Why would she run away and never come back? And tell about me? With this piece of information, I didn't feel such admiration towards my mother. It made me think whether she was a good mother to me.

-So, this it.-She stood up and pushed her chair in. Grabbed the plates and the mugs.-Are you finished?

-Yes, Grandma.- I stood up to help her pack away.- Can..we...go..back home?

-Home?

-Yes, Grandma. I want to spend time there. If you don't mind.

-Of course I don't. Get ready, and we'll stay there for a while.- She smiled and I thanked.

I was in my house once again, in my room exactly. Grandma was in the kitchen, packing away the things we left, before the accident. My room seemed brighter. I went over to my table. I opened every drawers, and searched. I didn't know what I was looking for. Maybe just memories. Something that would make me remember. I found my notebooks from school, and loads of books. And a note from Alicia. The note said: Meet u at my house at 6pm. see u xxx. Who is Alicia? Is she from school?

I looked around my room a bit more. I saw posters of actresses and actors. Some CDs and magazines laying on the floor. There was a guitar in the corner. Then I realized. I played that guitar. That's why the Nurse gave me a guitar pick hanging from a necklace. My lucky charm.

*Flashback*

The music was blasting from every corner of the stage. The singer enjoyed herself by shaking her long hair around and singing really high notes. The crowd went crazy. It was so loud, I could barely hear anything else. I jumped up and down and kept glancing at the singer, who now stood right in front of me. She spoke in the microphone in a spitty style. -This!- She held up a guitar pick. It was white. And she had signed it. -Goes to my biggest fan! The biggest and the youngest!- She looked down, it felt like she looked at me. And smiled, grabbed me on stage and gave the pick to me. 

In my head I already planned I will play the guitar. I will try and be like her. Like her. 

*Present*

-The pick!- I shouted, as tears were dropping down my cheeks. I hugged my guitar ever so tightly. I picked up the guitar pick from my neck. Stared at it as it went blurry. I heard she came in. Grandma.

-Oh, Abigail, is everything okay?!-She hugged me and made me place the guitar back where it originally was.- Oh sweetie pie! Don't cry! I'm here..I'm here...

Her little hands went through my hair, and I hugged her harder. I cried and cried. The tears were falling like I was a human waterfall. The world went blurry. And I missed mother and father. I don't know who they were, or who I was, but I wanted them. To be there for me. To be with me. Hugging me and telling me it's okay. And that everything is going to be okay.

-Come 'ere.

She led me to my parents' room and handed me some tissues. I blew my nose, and it echoed back to me. I felt so alone. 

-My baby. Don't cry!- Grandma said, instantly making me feel better as she pronounced the baby, little french style.- Sweetheart, we should go and eat something. Are you up for something in this little Italian restaurant?

-Yeah, Grandma. I love Italian food.

The restaurant was some streets away. On the right side of the busy road. It was a small place, not many people inside, but the smell was absolutely fantastic. My stomach growled, telling me that it needs some fuel to work. 

We sat to a little table next to a picture of Italy. The orange walls made it stand out. Like it came to life. Beautiful. As we sat down, I felt like I was here before. Or at a similar place. There was a tall woman and a man, with me and a baby. I have a sister or brother? No...This is just my mind, playing me. Ugh.

-What would you like to eat?- Asked the waiter. He was, tall and very handsome. In an Italian way.

-I would like a pizza with olives and tuna.- I answered. I didn't know where it came from. Olives? Tuna? I ordered it like it was normal. What is happening? My mind taking over me?

-Oh, I would like a spaghetti Bolognese, young man. As well as two glass of orange juice.-She put down the menu.

-Great choices, ladies. It'll be up in 10 minutes.

-Thank you.

For a second I looked around, trying to remember. But the place I was remembering wasn't in a big city like this, and it had green walls. With olives on them. Or is it my mind playing around again?

-So, tell me what happened.- She demanded in a soft voice.- And don't try telling me, nothing happened because you cried, Abigail.

So I told her. I told her I remembered that the place I lived was not as I imagined, and the incident in the car, and today; the guitar pick. Then our orders were in front of us. She took a bite, then wondered like a little child.

-It might mean, you'll remember your past.

-That's good...isn't it?

I took a slice from the pizza and I saw that the waiter was looking at me from behind. Gorgeous.

-Abigail, sweetheart, it's wonderful!- She smiled at me and I smiled back shyly. Partly because the cute waiter was looking and because I was worried about my past. What if it's not like how I imagined? What if it backfires?

-We'll have to visit the doctor, and you shall tell him everything you told me. Okay?

-Yes, Grandma. 

-We'll go tomorrow.

Then we finished our lunch talking about me remembering.

Will I remember?