Chapter 3

Chubbie P.O.V

*Ring Ring*

It was time for lunch and I was standing at the end of the hall waiting on Brittani to come . I swear this girl take all day.

"Finally you decide to come"

"Sorry I had to grab my babies" she said excitedly then pulled out a box of cookies from behind her back. "Tada"

"You brought a whole box of cookies to school. Why am I not surprised. You are gonna share right?" I chuckled.

"Hadn't planned on it. Buuuut I'll share with you since you're my bestfriend. " she said jokingly.

"Good . So how are you and Melvin? "

"Ugh don't get me started. I swear every time we talk, we start crying. Its really breaking my heart. I hate it when guys cry. I don't know what to do. " She signed.

"Well try to work things out. I don't like you crying over a guy that don't deserve you."

I don't see what she sees in these no good niggas. She says their perfect then by the next week they fuck up and make her miserable. She's like my twin but a little younger and to know she crys so much breaks my heart. Hopefully she'll find somebody worthy of her heart.

"Helloooo Earth to Chubbie" she said as she waved her hand in my face.

"My bad , I zoned out. "

"How you gonna zone out while food is in front of you? Are you okay? " She said with a hint of suspicion.

"Of course. I'm Chubbie. Nothing gets to me " I hate when she stares at me like that. Its like shes reading my emotions.

"Chubbie I know there's something on your mind and I want you to know I'm here whenever you need to talk. " She smiled.

That's one thing I'll never understand about her. She puts everyone's feelings before her own but always gets hurt or disappointed. I'm gonna try my best to keep her away from niggas that don't give a fuck if they break girl's hearts.

I looked up to see her looking at her phone frowning. "Whats wrong? "

"Melvin never has time to talk to me anymore . He claims he works long shifts so he can't see me but he forgot we follow eachother on Twitter. I found out he not always working. He's actually out partying and hanging out with friends. "

That's the shit I'm talking about. "So he's lying to you ?" I said a little heated.

"Yea. Yet everytime we talk he say he knows what he's doing is wrong and that he's sorry. I love him but I hate what he does." she said as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"Still you deserve to be treated better. This is just my opinion but I think you should leave him alone and find somebody else. "

She nodded her head. I wiped her tear and walked her back to class. I gave her a hug and told her I wouldn't be on the bus after school. She nodded her head and went in her class.

I hope she's gonna be okay walking home by herself. Our neighborhood isn't the safest place to be. Especially if you're young. We got murders, rapists, drug dealers, pimps ,and hoes. That's why we try so hard in school to get out of here but not everybody makes it.

Few hours later

"Jackson! Fix that lay up!" Yelled Coach.

I'm on varsity team and the coach think just because I'm goofy that I can't play. The biggest mistake anyone can do and that is underestimate me. I'm capable of a lot of things good and bad.

I live with my mom and siblings. I'm 6'0 with light brown eyes and hair. I'm also lightskinned but I don't act like Drake. Damn stereotypes got people thinking they can punk me. Even though bestie calls me Chubbie I'm far from it. Pure muscle.

"Jackson switch with Dre"

Dre was my friend I known since middle school. He use to have a serious crush on Brittani, well he still do but he think nobody know. Its funny how hard he try to her attention but she's oblivious when it comes to somebody liking her.

"You still coming to my house after school? " Dre said out of breath.

"Yea. I got my duffle in my locker. "

"Cool. What about Brittani ?"

"I already told her, so she good."

*whistle*

"Practice over" Coach yelled before he left.

Me and Dre headed to the locker room, got our bags , and walked towards his truck.

"When you get a F-150 ?"

"Couple months ago. This my baby right here" Dre said as he hugged the steering wheel.

I laughed and we turned up the music and started jamming to 2Chainz I'm different. Today gonna be a good day.