three

The Ethereal • Chapter Three
'Lunchtime'

'Harp song' : Gymnopedie No. 1 - Francesca Gabrielli

Chaeyoung had been lead to a large, round table right in the smack middle of the cafeteria.

Jisoo and Jennie hadn't said anything as they lead their roommate to their designated table, but once they sat her down, the questions immediately began.

"So, do you like it here so far?" Jennie asked, taking a seat across from Chaeyoung.

Jisoo plopped down on the seat right next to Chaeyoung. "Do you like how we decorated the room?"

"When's your birthday?"

"What powers or abilities do you hold? I'm not quite sure of what powers angels possess other than light."

Chaeyoung did her best to keep up with their curiosity, answering each question as swiftly as she could. "Yeah, I like it here so far. It's different from... uh... 'human' highschool, but I feel like I actually sort of belong here." Chaeyoung smiles a little.
"And yeah! I love how you guys decorated the room. It's really gorgeous, no kidding." She answered the next, "Oh, my birthday's on February 11th, and uh, i'm not really all that sure what specific powers and abilities I hold, either. Still learning." Chaeyoung says all in one breath, letting out an awkward laugh.

The Kim cousins only nod slowly upon hearing the given information on their new roommate.

"Hey, hey." A familiar voice greets, and Chaeyoung is surprised to see Yuta approach the table.

"Hi, gorgeous." He says, leaning down to give Jisoo a peck on the cheek, in which she receives with a small smile. "Hi, dumb-face." He greets Jennie, in which she rolls her eyes to.

"Hi, Yuta." Chaeyoung then greets him, and Jennie and Jisoo are both surprised, exchanging a look.

"You guys have met already?" Jennie asks, her eyebrows furrowed together.

"Yeah, she's in my Telekinesis class, remember?" Yuta says in a 'duh' tone, rolling his eyes. "Hey, Chaeyoung."

Jennie throws her hands up in defense. "Woah, okay, mr. sassy pants, my bad."

Yuta narrowed his eyes at her, "you did not just call me-"

"Ah-oh, but I did."

The two continue to bicker back and forth with Chaeyoung watching in worry and confusion and Jisoo sighing.

"Get used to those two. They're always bickering." Jisoo informs Chaeyoung with an apologetic smile. "They're the best of friends, though. Even before I was Yuta's girl, Jennie was his bestfriend." Jisoo says with a smile.

"Will you guys shut up? I can hear you two all the way from the blood-line." A new voice cuts through the air like a knife, and Chaeyoung looks up to see an ethereal looking being staring down in annoyance at the two bickering friends.

With ash gray hair, piercing golden eyes, distinct features, and a crisp jawline stood a vampire in all his good-looking gloriousness behind Jennie, holding a metal lunch tray.

Chaeyoung couldn't help but blink twice.

It was as if he was glowing, and his presence was no joke- amounting to the same intimidation the others had.

"Not my fault. Yuta was sassing me." Jennie frowned.

The silver-haired vampire had turned to Yuta, "wait, what was going on in The Commons? I heard you were down there when whatever it was had been going on." He says, an eyebrow quirked as he took the empty seat next to Jennie.