two

The Ethereal • Chapter Two

'The New Girl'

Chaeyoung quietly followed her two professors who talked amongst themselves.

Normally, she'd be able to hear and pick up people's conversations from ten feet away, but with magical beings, they had their own protective shields.

And plus, she didn't want to eavesdrop.

"So, Chaeyoung." Professor Nana suddenly calls, causing Chaeyoung to slightly jump.

"Y-yes?"

"I actually have a class to teach in ten minutes, so Professor Leeteuk will be leading you to your student ambassador for the day. Your ambassador will show you around to all of your classes and give you a quick tour of Goemul." Professor Nana had stopped walking to make sure Chaeyoung was keeping up before continuing, "your ambassador should also have the same lunch as you, so if you can't find anyone to sit with, stick with your ambassador. I'm sure you'll make plenty of friends, though. I think you're in my herbology class, but if you ever need anything, feel free to knock on my office door." Professor Nana smiles, and Chaeyoung returns it.

"Okay, thank you!"

Professor Nana smiles, her violet eyes enchanting Chaeyoung.

"Well, I'm off. See you later, Leeteuk." She calls behind her as she hurries away.

"See you!" Professor Leeteuk shouts in reply.

He then turns to Chaeyoung.

"Follow me! Your ambassador is waiting."

Professor Leeteuk had led Chaeyoung down the loud corridor which Chaeyoung gaped at in awe as the building was entirely made of marble, and soon enough, Chaeyoung could hear the bustling sounds of voices and students hurrying to class.

As the two rounded the corner, Chaeyoung drew in a sharp breath as the main hall came into view.

It looked like your average, busy highschool day with students rushing to class in their uniforms, books in hand, and chattering away with their friends.

Except, this was so much better.

Chaeyoung was amazed at all the faces that walked passed because everyone was just so good looking.

And the thing is, they were part-'monster', so they each had their own little quirks.

Someone that had passed her had scales going down the side of her face, and another that passed her had an extra eye in the middle of his forehead, and she could just feel the aura and energy of the vampires in the room.

This was truly magical.

Little did Chaeyoung know, everyone had their eyes on her.

"Ah, there's your ambassador! Right this way, Ms. Chae." Professor Leeteuk had escorted, pointing to a particular girl who stood in a small circle, chattering about.

"Ms. Lim Nayeon! Here's the new student!" Professor Leeteuk says loudly.

A little too loudly, because it seems as if everyone had stopped what they were doing to turn and look at Chaeyoung, the loud chattering ceasing to silence.

Nayeon, who was as pretty as a flower, smiled brightly at Chaeyoung.

"Wow! She's so pretty!" Nayeon gushes, rushing over.