Chapter 1- The Cause

Through history human and supernatural’s have never gotten along, the Salem witch trials, staking vampires, shooting werewolves. In modern days humans were told everything was just a myth. That’s when we even had supernaturals in the government. Now in 2032 everything changed when a ‘Hunter’ was elected into office. He knew what to look for in a supernatural, our abnormal beauty, our perfect hair, our strong builds, and the shape of an S in the pupil of our eyes. You would only see it if you were looking for it. Now humans look for it. They look for our powers and our weaknesses. They built an army of humans brave enough to fight us. We tried to ignore it, we tried to keep peace, but the hatred festered on both sides as the death tolls rose. Now we are at war, humans with their numbers and us with our powers. Since we had to keep our population low because of risk of exposure, the humans outnumbered us greatly, to the point where simple supernatural’s didn’t cut it anymore. ‘The Cause’ started to create boarding schools for teen supernatural’s to find the perfect mate to make the perfect mix. At each boarding school there were no more than 4 mixes and there are only 6 boarding schools around the whole world.

‘The Cause’ is what we all fight for. ‘The Cause’ is a supernatural organization that fights against humans to make sure supernaturals don’t go instinct. They promote the violence, and the hatred, which fuels us supernatural’s to continue on and to continue fighting.

Supernaturals are ban from human schools and public places. We are not allowed to use the same shopping centers and we have to be secretive about where ours are. We are hidden exactly the way we were before, accept this time, we can’t take any chances, they do know, and they will kill.

The ‘Hunter’ organization is basically the KKK against supernatural’s. We are disgusting to them, we appal them. We are lower than the smallest parasite, but we are deadly and they know that. They seek to bring humans to the top of the food chain. Maybe they’re just scared, like a rat facing the snake, tensing its body still not ready for its death. They want to change what has been around for years… The fact that we are the ultimate beings.

XxJemanixX