Father

I open the doors and walk into the room.
My face empty, shoulders straight and my head held high.
I stop in the middle of the room and kneel on my one knee to show my respect.
"You called for me." I say, my voice monotone and emotion less even though I am practically jumping around inside of my head.

Finally! Another mission. I was starting to get bored to death.
Sure I had my fun, but scaring the new comers had only been fun for so long. Plus, I kinda ran out of human bodyparts to scare them with.

I look up again to see him signalising for me to stand up.

I quickly stand up to my feet and wait for him to speak.
His face betrays nothing as usual, but me being me, I can see the little trace of a frown in his marble face.

"You are going to visit your mother in the human realm for the time being."

And there goes any glee for being summoned by him away.
I search his face to see if he's serious, but I already know the answer.

I nod carefully although I am seething with rage inside. I know that if I object, nothing will be pleasant. After all I am speaking to my father, the one everyone fears.

Annoyance is building up inside of me, he knows how much I abhor humans and the human world. Especially the shifters who live there.
"You are to leave early tomorrow when the moon arises."
Another nod.
"Of course, as you are in the human realm you are to behave."
He gives me a menacing look as he says this. A hint of a threat in his words that tell me that if I don't behave he will punish me more than my mother ever would.

I feel a shiver go down my spine, maybe I will enjoy this more than I thought.

I can feel the beginning of a smile starting to form on my face dangerously and I know my eyes are glinting with malice now.
The only emotion I allow to show on my face ever since I was a kid.

The only emotion I can and will show.