‘Well, if it isn’t sleeping beauty.’ Emelle called out, grinning. He red hair held tiny flakes of snow, and her green eyes shone brightly.

‘Um, hi. Why are we here?’ I say, confused. My eyes followed Emelle and Sam round and round the lake, them doing stupid tricks, never falling over. They stayed so close together, laughing like drains.

‘We thought you’d like it here. Its not so dark and scary. Its my little place I like to come to when Emelle has the hots.’ He says, winking at her. She laughs, putting her hands against his chest.

‘Sorry honey if you thought there’d be Santa. He doesn’t come for naughty kids like you.’ Emelle drawls out at me, and I laugh sarcastically.

‘Well, shouldn’t we be, I don’t know, executing Pandora or something? You know, seeing as she gave me the biggest hickey known to man? Speaking of, do you have any painkillers or something? It hurts like a bitch.’

Before I can protest, Will comes over in a flash. He stands close to me, pushing my hair off my neck so he can see. A flash of hunger crosses his eyes before he calls out to them both that the venom hasn’t subsided.

‘What do you mean?’ I say to him.

‘I mean that if you don’t sort that out soon you’re going to be missing a neck. Now, let’s move.’

He calls over to Sam and Emelle who are both still acting like lovesick teenagers that he’s taking me inside.

‘No, Will, I’m fine, really. Just let me st-’ He turns me away from them halfway up the hill, putting his hand over my mouth. Asshole.

‘Would you do me a favour, Lara? Shut up.’  He murmurs to me quietly.

Once we get inside, I lick the inside of his hand like crazy, trying to get him to take his hand away, but it tasting strangely quite nice. He looks confused and takes his hand away, giving me an annoyed look.

‘Oh, you’re so mature.’

I sit down on the linen couch, whilst he goes off to find some medication or something. I feel agitated at him for kissing me and not doing anything about it. Not that I can do anything about it, I’m supposed to be engaged. God, it sounds bad when I say it like that.

He comes back with a bucket full of snow, some herbs and tissues. I had a feeling this would be shitty.

He comes in closer, pushing my hair back away to look again. His hand is on the side of my face, and I can feel his green eyes stare at the wound carefully. ‘Ooh, she got you good. Does it hurt a lot?’

‘Of course it does.’ I snap at him.

He runs a hand through his golden hair and looks at me amused.

‘I’m not going to help you if you’re going to be rude.’ He loads snow into a bandage and presses it onto my neck, I moan loudly, because it feels so great. It was a moan similar to when he was pressed up against my neck. Huh. By the look on his face he realises that too.

‘Well, it looks like you had fun last night.’ He says to me.

‘Oh, I was. Until Pandie almost raped me and ripped out my throat, I was having a pretty good time.’

He sighs. ‘Its not her fault. She’s a vampire. They really…get into things.’

‘So that makes it okay?’

‘No, I didn’t say that. But you have to remember Lara, your not on Earth anymore. These people are in Hell for a reason.’

I grumbled. ‘Stupid vampires.’