Chapter Ten

Well hello there, children. It's me. Sookie. Here is chapter ten which took me forever and a day to write, but i haven't uploaded in long, so i thought i owed it :) It's got a song to go with it, make sure you play it during the kissing scene (YES there is a kissing scene) because it goes well with it. There will be more on the ball in the next chapter, which is obviously where the demons start to become the demons we all know an love, i.e... THEY GET SEXY MOFOS! so make sure you tune in for chapter eleven, which should be up for wednesday. 

So- you know the score- please vote and comment! i do love to hear from you! it makes my day! 

Oh, and this chapter is dedicated to LaraCassidy98, who is my bestie. I love her. I really do. I don't think i tell her that enough. Check out her stuff too, its awesome :) 

Much love, 

---Sookie x

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Ten

It was hard being dead.

I wanted to pee all the time, but then when the time came, there was no such pee coming out. Weird. I was hungry as ass. But I didn’t know what to eat. I was staying at Will’s house, preparing myself to married to someone, but I hadn’t a clue as to who that man was. All I knew was that he was the evilest man to ever have to known to exist, so our marriage should be…interesting.

I didn’t want to marry him. I hadn’t said that to anyone yet, not even Will. I had this gut feeling that I’d be eaten or something if I did. I kind of liked being…well, I wasn’t exactly alive anymore, but I sure liked being dead.

There was no denying, however, how much I missed Karen and Ray. I was pretty on edge at the thought of them hating me for this. The last thing I remember doing with them, was calling Ray an asshole. Now I know why they didn’t want me to go to that stupid fucking party. I’m such a dick.

Tonight would be the night I was ‘presented’ to my future hubby. Yay. It was a formal ball (which Will had told me was just another word for a huge ass party, but with less of the disgusting, perverted, vampire scum) which meant I had to be kitted out in a gown and everything. All paid for by the King, of course.

Seeing as Demons had always been damned to eternal night, never being able to go up to Earth in daylight unless you wanted to be toasted and all that, I had to go out with Will in total darkness. Of course, the underworld had moved with the times (perhaps a little too much, some of the vampires were a little crazy in their hair colours and clothes) and gotten themselves street lamps and an artificial lamp thing that lit most of the bleak starless sky up. Still, considering I’d just woken from a sleep that felt like I’d been dead the whole night, it was weird to see no blue sky, no sun. Felt like it was a dream, or something.

Anyway, we left Will’s fancy mansion on the far cries from the main town, which he’d told me was the capital of the Underworld and called Tenebrae, to go to the dress makers in town. I also had to have dance lessons, and learn how to talk properly in public. We climbed into his fancy red Ferrari, him opening the passenger door for me before he got in himself, and drove off through pitch black roads. We didn’t say much. All I found myself doing was picking at my nails on my pale hands, not being careful enough to keep them nice for the ‘ball’ tonight. I sometimes forgot how strong I now was. Everything I seemed to touch became broken. I’d already bruised one of Will’s house maids after getting her to help me off up the floor when I tripped; yes, I tripped. Old habits die hard. I can’t be superhuman cool all the time.

When we arrived outside a brick store, pretty normal by earth standards, I was met by the glaring eyes of a gorgeous woman. She was tall- at least five foot ten, with long tanned legs and gleaming green eyes, slightly lighter than Will’s. She had straight red hair, the kind of red you’d see on an artificial cherry- it was awesome. Her lips were pulled into an unsatisfied smile, beautiful full lips coloured with purple lipstick, as she looked me up and down. I was wearing a boring pair of skinny jeans and a black lace top. She was wearing fabulous ivory silk heels and a short purple dress, with a leather jacket. I looked like a dog compared to her. Woof.