Chapter Six

Please comment guys! i have no idea where to take it from here, despite a rough idea... 

So, chapter six. Onwards!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Six

Eleanor Morris Secondary School was, upon first glance, a god damn palace. It was a huge, cream (what was it with Karen and cream?!) coloured building, which I guessed was only built a few years ago. The place was surrounded by woodland and exotic flowery, and I couldn’t help but take a big ass gulp when I came into contact with it. The schools I was used to seeing out in the south were old, run down places that had with time faded right out of educational existence. They were sometimes just bits of wood and junkyard tin put together. This place was like Hogwarts when compared.

I decided not to let Karen walk me in. I figured I’d play the cool new student thing up, and therefore turned down her offer flat. She just smiled and winked at me, before handing over a cell phone from the side of the car door, telling me to use it if ever I needed anything. I’d never had a cell phone before. This was a big moment.  

I walked into reception, which was a plain room that smelt strongly of carpet. There was a round sort of desk thing, which had a young woman sat at it, a woman who had short blonde hair cut in the weirdest way- kind of cropped close to the scalp on one side, and chin length on the other. It looked a little odd on her; her face was so gaunt and withdrawn looking. She made me feel like a whale in comparison.

‘What’s up love? You not feeling good?’ She asks, cocking an eyebrow.

‘Oh, no. I’m just new. I start today…or tonight, I guess. I was just wondering where I go? Do I have a schedule or something?’

She looked at me in awe. As if I were Jesus, or something.

‘Oh my God! Where you from babe?’

Oh for peat’s sake. ‘New Orleans.’

‘Where’s that?’

‘South America. So, where do I go?’

‘Oh my God! We don’t get any Americans! How come you ain’t fat, like?’

‘Not all Americans are fat. Just most of them.’

She laughs, honking like a toy horn. ‘I love it, mate! That is classic! I could sit listening to you all day!’

‘Honey, that is all real nice for you, but I’m in kind of a hurry. I don’t know when my classes are supposed to be, or where. Aren’t you meant to help with that, or something?’

‘Alright, alright, keep your bloody knickers on,’ I didn’t know what knickers where, but at least she started to tap into her computer. ‘What’s the name?’

‘Larisa Clancy.’

She taps like some kind of psycho for about a minute, before grabbing a few things from a printer and handing them to me. ‘Ok, here’s your timetable, a map of the school and your dinner ticket. Don’t lose them. Your form tutor is Mr Aver. I suggest you go and see him at dinner to introduce yourself and all that. Have a nice night, yeah? Come talk to me sometime. I’m Paige. Well, you’re not actually meant to call me that, so Miss Heard will do.’

I nod and then go through the glass door into the main hall of the school. It’s all wooden panelling, with a large statue of a woman in the middle of it, holding books. I guessed it might be Eleanor Morris. There was no one around, probably because they were already in classes. I sat down on one of the benches that were lying around, and had a look at my timetable. I had five lessons, with one break for dinner, and then form time at the end of the day, whatever that actually was. My first lesson was English, in the Lavender Room. Great.