(2) Burning Daylight

*Hey everyone this is part 2 I'm trying to upload more as quickly as I can but at the moment I have exams so PLEASE bare with me! Don't forget to comment, vote and become a fan if you like what you read =]*

Chapter 2

The maid left out my 'appropriate' outfit for the day; I took one look at lace and silk and almost ran into my closet opening the hidden doorway which was once used for emergency escape in case of invasion but since the country has been at peace for the last 100 years now holds my closet for regular clothes that don't require at least 5 people to get into and my weapons. Ahh how I will miss them when I return to the Academy, possibly the only thing; other than my father but that's a completely different situation.

As I walked past my collection my fingers absentmindedly traced the contours of the cabinet over my shuriken (Japanese throwing stars), my long and short swords (in their sheaths I might add), and over my many other unusual armaments before finally resting on my bō, my favourite weapon. I smiled and mentally calculated how much time I had left before leaving, there wasn't enough time I sighed and went over to the cloths pulling out a vintage ringer and faded short shorts with frayed edges that used to be sweatpants, and grabbing some cotton panties and a sports bra, dropped my towel to the floor and began trying to stuff myself into my top.

It's been a whole year since I was here last and in that time my breasts have grown considerably, not more than a handful but compared to the AA I used to wear it was a struggle to fit into my bra! I glanced in the ceiling high mirror and admired my reflection, not something I usually do but as my eyes worked over my tiny frame, only 5'2 on a good day, my outfit hugging my curves but at the same time looking baggy as everything does on me, I realised that I actually looked kinda - sexy! Oh gods please tell me I did not just say that.

"I don't care how I look... I don't care how I look..." I chanted to myself while grabbing a hair tie and securing my mass of waving hair to my crown.

As I slouched out of my closet I grabbed a trashed hoodie that drowns me and used to be Mani's and after a moment of thought my bō. A wicked smile lit up my face as I ran back through my room and the corridors ignoring the stares and whispers of the staff and visiting guests, I had just made it to the training grounds when I heard heavy footfalls and a moment later was tackled to the floor by a 6 foot wrecking ball otherwise known as Mani.

"Shit Mani!" I said rubbing my ass attempting to get up only to trip over my own feet landing on top of Mani who groaned, "HA serves you right!"

"Lex you don't have time to train today, I know you want to but it's the Queens orders, you must be at the luncheon on time and dressed appropriately" Mani stated in a Zen like manner.

"Come on man that witch has had me cooped up all summer, luncheons this, balls that, I'm fed up! She would have taken my bō too if she knew where it was she's already given the master strict orders not to give me any training equipment" I moaned.

"Alejandra Isabella Vasquez!" the shrill cry echoing across the foyer, "What in the gods name are you wearing? Sabrina we have an emergency Alejandra is not ready for the luncheon"

Oh lord a woman dressed head to toe in pink lace came sweeping round the corner giving me a look of pure contempt. She is my step mother, the evil bitch married my father soon after my mother died giving birth to me using his grief to squirrel her way in. Her name appropriately is Perra, or Spanish for Bitch, I don't know what her parents were thinking giving her that name but it fit her like a glove.

"Perra, I have to be excused from the lunch, I need to finish packing" I hedged it sounded more like a question, damnit why can't I lie?

The queen witch looked down at us crumpled on the floor and sniffed, an annoying trait of hers, and hissed at me, "you young lady should be grateful for everything ive done for you, I thank the gods you will be off my hands shortly. Be gone, I do not wish to see you before you leave just get out of my sight." And with that she turned tail and shuffled (due to the horrific lace monstrosity) out the foyer. Mani laughed a deep rumbling sound that vibrated his whole body, and mine as it was pressed against him, I gave her the bird, and rolled of him waiting to be hoisted upright by his arms.