Chapter Five: Family Holiday

Weeks went by after realizing I was all alone. I would see Devon in the hallway with Klara, always producing a smirk very time. I would occasionally run into Kellen at school, but he wouldn't make eye contact with me. I didn't mind though, boys were the least of my worries as Christmas came around. I went to the mall with my mom and picked out my brothers' gifts. A tie for Reagan, slippers for my mom (since she always uses mine), a dress for little Ella, and for my twins brothers in college, Carter and Kennedy, just twenty five dollars each. I thought about getting them both a pack of condoms for Christmas, just to be funny, but my mom disproved the idea.

"Clean your room Lucille McKinley! This is the last time I'm going to ask!" My mom yelled, interrupting my thoughts.

"Okay!" I got to work, straightening everything out. I made my bed, picked up used tissues off my floor, and put all my color pencils where they belong. Right as I was putting in the final purple in, the doorbell rang. I hurriedly ran to the door, excited to see my family. I opened the door to see Ella, Reagan, and Reagan's wife Michelle. I scooped Ella in my arms, giving her sweet kisses over her face. I put her down and she gave my mom a hug while I gave Reagan a hug. I awkwardly gave Michelle a wave, then went to kitchen to serve what my mom had been making.

"When's Uncle Carter and Uncle Ken getting here?" Ella pouted. She called my brothers Uncle, but she couldn't call me Aunt?!

"Ella, dear, don't ask that. They'll get here when they get here." Michelle replied, eyes glued to her phone. Reagan rubbed his eyes annoyed with her. I didn't blame him. I shot him a look, but he chose to ignore it.

"Ella, do you wanna come play dolls with me?" Her small face lit up and she skipped up the stairs not waiting on me.

 After an hour of dressing up Barbie dolls and hearing her giggle when I made Ken steal a kiss from Barbie, the doorbell rang again. This time though, the men outside were my twins brothers. They both gave Ella a kiss on her cheek. They ran back into the car, producing suitcases and girls. Girls?!

Two very blond girls stood on my doorstep, hands intertwined with my brothers'.

"Luc, this is Ivy," Carter said introducing me, "and this is Olivia." Kennedy said.

"Uh, hi?" I didn't dare pretend I was glad they were here with my brothers. Carter opened his mouth to swiftly lecture me, but I swiveled around and walked back to tell my mom about their girls.

"Mom, did you know they were bringing girls?" I whispered in her ear as the others sat down eating cheese and crackers.

"No, but they're pretty girls Luci."

"So! That doesn't matter. This is Christmas, a family holiday. Not 'bring your slut girlfriends home holiday'!"

"Lucille, cut that out. You don't even know them. I bet they're perfectly suitable young ladies for Carter and Ken." I rolled my eyes at her.

"I should have gotten them the condoms."

Later that night, after we had finished our game of Apples to Apples, Olivia said she was tired. I thought nothing of it when I hopped in my shower, the hot water stopping my shakes from the cold. After I dried myself off, I lazily walked into my room, flicking the light switch on. I dropped the towel, grabbing new panties and a bra from my drawer. A sudden scream from my bed made me scream. I ducked below the ends of my bed, still naked but trying quickly to put on something. My mom, brothers, and Michelle flew into my room, worried written on their faces.

"Luci, what's wrong?" They all asked.

I turned around to see an awake Olivia in my bed. She was sitting up, angrily staring at me. What a bitch!