Chapter Five - The Collapse of Many

“The murderer is out, and on the run

Trying to kill you one by one

Don’t forget the others with legality and power

All the murder will make you cower

But never, ever fret

Answer this riddle and one less threat!

Won’t make you wait for the action

After hearing it, no sudden reaction

Whether it be attraction, or dissatisfaction

Whatever! No more distractions.

Remember: None of you are innocent

Figure it out after the incident.”

--------------------------------------------------------

How does that happen? Oh my God. Whoop! There goes my dinner yesterday.

Mary Anne never actually figured out how the whole riddle thing worked, but now she did. She felt her adrenaline rushing but the dizziness in her head pounded. It felt like all the pain that was supposed to go to the body after the fall rushed to her head.

All the other seven looked at her worriedly. Murmurs burst out the air, filling the emptiness in her ears filled by the temporary silence. Oh no, my cover’s been blown.

The emotions were boiling up inside her, while her body was betraying her with all the internal and external pain. She knew she was the incident, more particularly her fainting.

She was wrong.

As she was about to faint, she felt a sudden twitch. Everywhere. From her cheeks to her limbs to her body. She felt like she could run a mile. Where did all this energy come from?

A sudden movement of her back forced her up. Not a bad forcing, a good one. The faces of the others gave her the chills. “Who is that girl?” “God, she’s so weird.” “Whoa.”

THUD! “Oh my God wha---” She heard another familiar sound. The sound of wood breaking. And the sound of something rolling.

“What the hell are you guys doing there? I think he’s broken a bone.”

A gut feeling it all was. She felt magnetized towards the curtain. There was no possible explanation except for the reason provided by the curtains. A quick push to both sides of the curtain.

“When did we get on top of a cliff?”

--------------------------------------------------------

Eva stood in the grassy area. Where’s my gun where’s my gun? There it is. Phew. She felt everything tense up. Worry. The thing biting off her own aura. Just a reach in her pocket and a pull of a trigger. Two swift motions. One life lost. “Henry? CJ?”

A friendly silence answered her. She expected just that. Because of the pact. A pact to leave one another alone through the whole day. Everybody likes their sanity intact. She realized what she needed after all: a distraction.

The plaza’s nice. The hospital’s pretty eerie. The ground’s grassy, and the cliff… What’s that thing?

She saw the mighty board, standing on the cliff in all its glory, and its emptiness. Not really empty though. A row was filled up the night of the murder. A face. The face of the body. The face Henry has told him about: smug, smirking, good-person-but-you-don’t-really-wanna-be-near-him look. The other symbols after the face really did the job of the whole worry thing that started earlier.