Chapter Two - Revelations and Hallucinations

The bag was full of essentials: clothes, food, toiletries, drinks, practically everything you need to survive the trip to hell. And Henry was puking in it.

Of course, he took out all those things in it. But there was nothing to puke into, so he just sat down, emptied the bag, and just let the food he ate the last time, which was two days ago, go upwards.

Everyone was doing it. Right after Henry puked, Jane puked, then everyone else followed, and the fat guy was the last one to let the green stuff out.

He sat up and let the sound of regurgitation pound in his ears. He was given the bag right after he left angrily, but now he felt too sick to be angry about anything: the fact that he was there, that he couldn’t contact anyone from the outside world, and that even his role sucked.

They were just walking innocently down the slope, when something triggered in Henry, and then this happened.

One by one, the others sprang up. Everybody ultimately scared him. A guy in a jersey and a girl in a torn cheerleader shirt were normal-looking, but all the others had their eyes blank and red.

The three walked to the center of the circle of the participants.

A booming voice came inside the simulation.

“Why hello there. Welcome. Villagers.”

The way that the voice said it made him shiver. Villagers. Such a vile term. Such an evil term. He hated it so much.

He glanced at his fellow villagers. The girl looks okay. Hot. Okay. The guy looked popular. Turns out every villager wasn’t fit for the role. Wow.

“Now you know each other. And now you know much I can control this game of mine –”

“Ugh! You made me lose it! I hate you, mysterious murderer,” the guy said. Then, Henry realized what he had said, and now, all the contestants and the murderer, were now groaning.

“Anyway, let’s go back to the topic. You also know who your fellow villagers are. Eva, CJ and Henry.”

The girl, Eva, asked, “Who’s CJ between these two douches?”

Henry and the other guy, CJ, looked at her with a killer eye. They said simultaneously, “If you ever call us like that again, I will dip your cheerleader face in a bucket of acid.”

She said, louder than usual, “Well, if you didn’t notice, we’re on the same team now. Just zip it and answer my freaking question or I will take you both with me in that gigantic bucket of acid.”

Both Henry and CJ stepped back. This girl was competitive, and scary. Henry spoke up, “I’m Henry. So that guy is CJ.”

Eva said, “See, now it’s much better!”

The murderer’s voice suddenly cut in, “Are you friends having a good time or do you want to actually survive?”

Eva, Henry and CJ raised their voices and said, “What?”

“Those weapons you have are meant only for the purpose of hunting. If you guys ever use that on a human, you will die. Good luck.”

Henry heard a snap. It was probably from the murderer’s fingers. He had only enough consciousness to see all three simultaneously fall down.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Henry was panicking. Sure, he’d been in worse conditions, but nothing compares to this vision he was having.

He seemed to have been floating in midair. He was like a soul that was lost, and his body was acting in the vision itself.

Only five people were left. The grand clock was there, the sun was in its highest point in the meridian. He could only make out his body. The rest of the people were not identifiable at all. They were hidden in the shadow so well that he couldn’t even make out the genders.