Chapter 1: Meet the Parents!

**Author Note**

Okay so there is cussing in this and it may get worse so if you don't like it bleep it out in your own head...okay! The picture is what Stella looks like. (A young Reese Whitherspoon) Sorry it seems so short.....but i'm already halfway done with the second chappie! <3

~Chapter One~

“Meet the Parents”

I watched as my grandparents were swallowed up by there new home; a six-foot-deep hole. Oddly enough, I don’t feel sad or depressed because right when I walked up to their corpses, in the church, I knew it wasn’t them. The bodies before me are just empty shells my grandparents have left to another place, I told myself.

“It’s so terrible…”

“I know she died only a few days after his wreck. But that happens with most elderly couples.”

The whispers about their death continued all around me, violating my ears and interrupting my thoughts. Throughout the day many people, all unknown, all of them repeating the same words, greeted me with open arms and clammy hands.

That night our neighbors, Georgina and Harry, came and took me to there place for the night, which seemed highly unnecessary because I’m almost an adult, but I didn’t complain, I don’t think I could of stayed in grandpa’s estate anyway.

I woke up the next morning, confused about my surroundings.

“Grandpa…” I called out, then it hit me, they were gone. I didn’t need to wake up every few hours to give grandpa his medicine, remind him to water the plants, buckle his seat belt, go on walks around the pond, eat at Joe’s Ice-cream Parlor every Sunday afternoon, and there were no more drives to the nursing home to visit grandma, it’s not like I went in anyway. There was a soft rapping on the door.

“Stella, you awake?” Georgina asked, peeking her head in, worry striking across her face. “Honey are you okay?” she walked over to me and placed a hand on my shaking one. I peered into her aging face, laugh lines framing her warm brown eyes and soft smile. I let out a breath of air, not realizing I was holding it, “I…I’m fine, just still shocked, you know?” She nodded and stroked my long blonde hair.

“Breakfast is on the table, hon, come down when you’re ready then at noon you need to leave for the family gathering/will reading at one.” She left my room without another word and I got up and headed to my bathroom.

After thirty minutes I finally was ready and headed downstairs. Right as I opened my door the sent of blueberry muffins filled my nose, I headed to the kitchen. Sitting down Harry set a plate of the mouth-watering muffins in front of me.

“Heard they were you’re favorite. Georgina picked the blueberries fresh this morning.” I picked one up, peeling back the wrapper slowly, taking a bite letting it dissolve in my mouth. I turned to Georgina.

“These are great, thank you!”

“Not a problem, Hon! Now you best get going or you’ll be late!” I gazed down at my iPhone, 12:30!

“Shoot!” I ran out of the room grabbing my car keys. “Thanks again Georgina, Harry, I’ll be sure to visit!”

~~~~~~

It was 1:25 when I rushed into the attorney’s office; I was never late to anything. But with my good luck it seemed that the attorney was running father behind then me.

I gazed around the crowed room, spying familiar faces of some relatives. My eyes landed on a couple huddled in the corner; I’d never seen them before.