~STORY RECAP& FAQs~

~STORY RECAP~

Now, I know a lot of you say you don’t need a recap, but for those of you who have been reading for a while (especially with my sporadic updates) and do not like, nor have the patience to go back and read previous chapters (I also hate to do this) then this is for you.

If you feel like you remember every important detail, then by all means skip this recap.

(*  = my personal commentary; I didn’t feel like saying P.S. the whole time.

Enjoy :)

Prologue:

~NYE (3 years later)

Okay, so here we are first introduced to some of our main characters: Matteo, Jourdain, and Lorenzo. We learn that Matteo and Jourdain are married and Lorenzo is Matteo’s best friend and right hand man. Jourdain decided to throw a NYE party, of which Matteo graciously funded, and as we all know the festivities came to a halt when the NYPD and SWAT team barged in and arrested Matteo. Two important things to note here: Matteo mentions that he knew this arrest was coming (but let Jourdain throw the party anyway) and also, the man that physically arrests Matteo is named Wesley, and apparently has been after Matteo for quite some time.

Chapter 1:

~April 8 (3 years prior)

Jourdain meets Matteo, and at first he puts her off. After all, he seems like the normal high maintenance type with all his phones buzzing on the counter and the fact that he orders a drink (Jack & Ginger) without even looking at her (*rude!). But then of course, he looks up at her with those green eyes, trimmed facial hair and curly black hair that “reminds her of Adrian Grenier” and she’s a goner. However, after a brief exchange with him, she still insists (to herself) that he is not her type. Important to note: “Matteo planned his own fate.” Meaning, dude already knew who Jourdain Wright was, and decided he wanted her. As silent partner to Orange Tabby, he’s privy to lots of information about the business, and has the privilege of screening employees prior to hiring them. Once he read and saw Jourdain’s pic (they take pics of potential employees to make sure they aren’t undercover cops and/or members from other crime families) he was also a goner. But just when Jourdain thought she had gotten rid of the asshole, her best friend and coworker Alicia, begs her to wait on her tables for the rest of the night (claiming that she saw her ex-boyfriend in the crowd and didn’t want to deal with him). Next important notes: Jourdain is engaged to a man named Maxwell. Also, Alicia hates him (reason unknown). Coincidentally, the table Jourdain has to wait on is Matteo’s table, and somehow, by the end of the night he convinces her (*as charmingly as the snake in the garden) to sit and have a drink with him and his…crew.

Chapter 2:

~April 9

Jourdain wakes up naked in a luxurious bed that she at once realizes is not hers. When Matteo appears in the doorway, it clicks that she’s in his lavish bedroom. Before she can start accusing him of raping her, she’s interrupted by a text message, one of twenty-five sent by her fiancé. However, before she can really begin to feel guilty, Jourdain notices that her ring is missing and starts to lay into Matteo, asking him what happened last night. When he continues to stare at her amusedly, she slaps him. He pulls her closer (she notes that “he smells good”) and warns her not to hit him again. He then teases her, telling her that they did indeed have sex. She refuses to believe and rushes into the bathroom to freshen up. Matteo promises to take her home, after she has breakfast with him. Matteo claims that he does not have, nor know where her ring has gone. But he does find every opportunity to make fun of its size. After a brief, steamy interlude, the pair traipse downstairs.