Chapter Two

Thanks so much for all your support on the previous chapter! Just to make it easier to understand, this entire story is being rewritten but with the same characters. I know it's super confusing to come back and find the book completely changed. So I apologise for the confusion and would love it if you guys treated this as a whole new book :)

Chapter Two

"I'm going to let you live till your eighteenth birthday and then I'm going to kill you." I hissed at Ree as the Greek God that had greeted us outside led us into the house. With the way people were occasionally stopping him to say hi and telling him just how good of a party it was, I could guess that this was his house. I had no choice but to follow him as Ree all but dragged me inside with a firm grip on my arm but I would be lying if I said I wasn't intrigued.

Our host had found us loitering in the car outside and instead of kicking us out he'd very graciously agreed to guide us and had recognised Carter's name when Ree mentioned him. It wasn't the niceness that got under my skin, it was just how nice looking he was. Tall with inky black hair and eyes that were the most spectacular shade of dark blue, sapphire like almost in how they gleamed meant that I put up little resistance when he offered to walk us in. I had a type and Ree knew it because she'd been grinning deviously since the second we ran into Prince Eric here. I liked guys with dark, striking features and always tended to be attracted to raven haired men with deep blue eyes. This guy, yeah he ticked all the boxes. It helped that he was dressed to impress jeans that did incredible things for his butt and a short sleeved grey t-shirt that showed off his impressive forearms. I had a thing for forearms as well, huh who knew.

"Mason, what's up man?" We got stopped for the umpteenth time as someone slapped mystery guy on the back and they exchanged that weird man greeting that's not a hug but almost quite is. Then again, I finally managed to catch his name. Mason, wow even his name was hot.

"I'm good. Having a nice time?" He stopped to chat which gave Ree and I the opportunity to drink in what seemed to be the living room but it wasn't quite a room. With its high ceilings,you could fit in both mine and my mom's bedroom in here and there would still be some space left over. We were on the first floor of the massive house and this room housed what appeared to be a 110-inch television which was currently blaring music that pulsed through the entire room. The opulent leather furniture had been pushed to the side to accommodate the sheer number of people that were currently having the time of their lives. Ree had been correct though, the guests seemed to be our age and were possibly students who went to the private school in town.

"This is so cool." Ree was jumping with excitement. Parties thrown by kids in our school were never this eventful and usually ended up with the two of us leaving after an hour and watching a movie in our pyjamas instead. This place? This place was pumping, the music loud, bodies that never stopped dancing, girls who wore designer dresses and guys who clearly knew what to do with their hair. It was a spectacle of beautiful people and I was hooked. Like a bad horror film that sucks you in until the end, I couldn't help but stare. This was another life, another reality where expensive alcohol flowed freely and everyone looked like they belonged in a movie.

"Sorry for the wait ladies, let me take you to Carter." Mason smiled at us and God, even his teeth were perfect, nearly blinding me with how white they were. Ree squealed, I attempted to suppress my reaction and quietly followed him despite my insides doing all kinds of weird things. This was completely out of my comfort zone but I told myself that it was one night in Wonderland and that I could pull off being Alice for a while.

"How do you think Carter knows these people?" I ask Ree as I narrowly avoided running into a girl that look suspiciously like someone I'd seen in a fashion magazine the other day.