~*~Prologue~*~

~*~ Prologue ~*~

**15 years ago**

Elda screamed in agony as the doctors urged her to keep pushing - but even they sensed something was wrong. Elda seemed to be in too much pain. This was certainly not normal.

"Just one more, Your Majesty. Just one mo -" The female doctor that was easing the child out prodded the queen before she jumped back and screamed an ear curdling shriek. She was staring at her hands and the servants rushed over to see what the matter was. Turning her palms up they saw her skin blistering in angry, red, sweltering bumps. She bit her lip back hard to hold back another scream that was already threatening to arise.

"What are you doing?! Get this thing out of me!" Elda howled--releasing yet another stabbing scream. The doctors frantically turned their attention back to their screeching Queen, trying not to think too much of what happened to the previous doctor. They needed to help their Queen.

Another medic approached Elda - a male this time - he cautiously began trying to ease the child out, just as how the previous one was doing. But the same thing happened to him, and he jumped back with a shrill, thin shriek that seemed even more high-pitched than the woman's.

"F-fire! It's on fire! Th-the child, sh-she is in flames! Get it out of the Queen immediately! This might kill the Queen! Hurry get the King as well!" The man spluttered while trying to keep his composure (and failing miserably). He knew that if anyone could deliver this child, it had to be the King. He was the only one blessed with the gift of fire-resistance in all of Magmus. He could deliver the child with ease - even if it was disturbingly on fire.

"GET THIS MONSTER OUT OF ME! NOW!!" Elda yelled while clutching on to the bed sheets so tightly that her knuckles turned white. She was a strong queen, even though all of her screams portrayed her agony, not a single tear fell from her pain stricken eyes.

The King arrived seconds later, bustling through the doors with a strong sense of urgency. "What's going on? What's wrong with Elda and the child?" He demanded, anger flaring in his golden eyes.

Another man rushed over to him nervously and bowed curtly before revealing the deranged look on his face. "The child, it's- it's like no other! Your Majesty, your child is on fire! It's killing the Queen! We cannot touch it without getting burnt. But you, My Lord - you may! You're the only one whom can deliver this child. You are heat resistant - if I am correct. You will remain unscathed by this monster's flames!" The man said still with that wild look in his eye - desperate to save his Queen.

The King nodded grimly before proceeding to his perishing wife. The process of the labor was not only exerting her energy - but her life as well. This certainly could not go on for much longer. The servants and doctors directed him carefully, and guided him through each step in the delivery. They were indeed correct - the fire did not harm the mighty King Rey Magmus, but one could not say the same for Queen Elda Magmus. She had barely made it through the end of the delivery. The child quickly became the servant's piority as it was their only heir to the throne. Everyone had guessed the Queen would die before the child was even taken out - but they were very, very wrong.

Although it was shocking that Elda did survive the delivery - that was not the most awe striking thing to occur on that memorable day.

Allow me to enlighten you for a moment - birth in Magmus can be quite confusing for an outsider such as yourself. When a child is born in Magmus, they are not born in human form. They are born in the form of the mighty creature known as a Phoenix (yes, the blasted bird). After a few weeks (and sometimes a month) the baby phoenix transforms into their rightful human form, looking like a typical baby - rather than a beaked bird of fire. But of course, there are the failures known as Extinguishers. Extinguishers are the baby phoenixes that do not transform into their rightful human form and remain a phoenix for the rest of their existence. Extinguishers are greatly looked down upon in the country of fire (also known as Magmus, if you've yet to catch on). They are said to be weak and rejected by the gods because they did not take their rightful human form.