Chapter 27- 5 Days till Attack

Charlotte Midnight's POV

I stretched my limbs as I opened my eyes. The sun light poured in through the open curtains; that I was positive I closed last night. I sat up and lifted an eyebrow in confusion.

The room had changed since last night. The bed sheets were no longer crumpled on the floor but were neatly folded at the end of the bed; there were flowers in a vase next to me with I card tucked inside; and all of my clothes were folded on the corner chair and not on the floor like they were before.

Just by the smell of the room I could tell that Ayden was the only person in here and that it wasn't too long ago that he was here. I sat up on our king sized bed and leaned over to grab the dozen of red roses sat by my bedside.

I picked the card out of the roses, being careful not to prick myself on the thorns; only to find out that every single thorn on each rose had been cut off.

My Dearest Charlotte

I read the front of the envelope. I slowly opened the envelope, not wanting to rip any the paper. It is an old habit I learnt from my mother; it would take hours for me to open all my birthday cards because I would always make sure the envelopes weren't ripped.

My beautiful mate,

I hope you read this letter I have wrote for you and not tossed it in the trash. I know I don't deserve your time, especially after the way I have treated you but I need you to read this. I need you to know that I never mean to hurt you, I never mean to act the way I do. I know you will never forgive me for what I have done but I need you so much, Charlotte.

I thank the moon goddess every day because she gave me such an amazing, sweet, caring, loving and beautiful mate and Luna. You don't understand how lucky I am to call you mine. Unfortunately with the way I have been acting, I won't be calling you mine for much longer. I would fully understand if you decided to leave me, although it would kill me inside, I would let you live the life you want to live. I just pray to you that you look after our baby and you keep it safe.

I just want to warn you that if you do leave, I will fall, causing my whole pack to fall. Many people will rejoice over the fallen pack, but my pack members, your pack members won't be able to live by themselves. I'm not trying to guilt you into staying with me but I don't want you to leave our pack, although if that's what you really want, I won't stop you.

I just want you to be happy, Charlotte, and if you find happiness when I'm not with you, then I will leave, for good.

Lots of love from your mate,
Ayden.

P.S. if you decide to go, please say goodbye before you do.

After I read the letter for the third time, I let a laugh slip from my lips. I scrunched up the piece of paper and tossed it on the ground.

Ayden is a fool if he thinks I am leaving him. One, I love him; two, he may make a lot of mistakes but I will always find a way to forgive him; three, he got me pregnant and I am not raising this baby by myself; and four, I will always love him.

Yes, it will take me a long time to forgive him for what he has just done but I will eventually forgive him and I know I will. The flowers were I nice gesture but that won't help speed up the process.

I shrugged the thin sheet that covered me in the night off my body and stepped out of bed. Once I had finished in the bathroom and thrown on a nice patterned playsuit, I walked downstairs.

My mouth dropped when I saw I plate full of delicious breakfast food dished up on the breakfast counter. A little note places next to it read:

Just place the plate into the microwave and heat for a minute. I would have stayed to cook you some fresh food but I had pack business to take care off. Sorry love -Ayden

I chuckled as I lifted the plate up and placing it in the microwave. I clicked the one minute button and watched as my food spun around in the microwave. The microwave dinged as my food was ready. I picked up my plate, taking it out of the microwave only to drop it straight to the floor as the shock of the heat hit me.

The plate hit the floor with a loud smashing sound, causing me to gasp and jump back. Because it's me and I am rather clumsy a managed to jump onto a piece of China plate that had just smashed onto the floor into a sharp triangle shape. I hissed in pain and began to hop around on my other foot away from the kitchen.

I hopped over to the sofa and plopped down. I easily pulled out the china from my foot since it was a rather large piece. I know that my foot will heal in a couple of hours due to my heightened wolf senses but my foot was bleeding heavily so I hopped into the bathroom, trying not to drip my blood anywhere and wrapped my foot up.

I decided that going on a walk today would be the best thing for me. Fresh air. All I need was a little bit of fresh air.

Leaving the smashed plate and now ruined food on the floor, I slipped my shoes on and walked out the door, into the very fresh air.

Whilst I was walking through the trees, which was a different way to what I normally walk to get to the pack house, I felt like I should have been in a Disney movie. With the birds chirping and butterflies fluttering around, I felt the need to sing and skip around as a random deer would join me in a song.

My mind continued to drift off to Disney movies, I didn't realise someone was following me. I spun around quickly as my hand gripped my stomach trying to protect my unborn child from any possible threats.

To my surprise, there was no stranger, no danger, no threat at all; but my youngest, older brother, Derek.

"Charlotte," Derek said breathlessly as he walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me. His hug was welcoming, especially since I hadn't seen him in a while.

"Derek," my voice matched his. I was more than shocked to see him in Red Blood territory but I still wrapped my arms around him. My brother is no threat to me or my baby, I thought.

After pulling out of the hug, "I missed you so much, little sister!" Derek exclaimed with a large grin on his face.

"I missed you to, Derek," I giggled. Derek hadn't changed much since the last time I saw him. He might have gained a bit more muscle but other than that he was still the dork I remember.

"I hate to believe the rumours, but I heard I was going to be an uncle pretty soon," Derek chipped in, still a smile spread across his face.

"Yeah," I confessed as my head shot to my stomach, "how did you find out?"

"Dad told me, he told everyone actually. And before you ask how he knows, he could smell it on you, he could smell that you had mated and that only means you are pregnant," Derek informed me.

"Oh," I whispered as I looked down toward the ground, I looked back at my brother, "Even I didn't know I was pregnant then. I'm surprised dad could guess it, or smell it."

After a couple of minutes of dead silence, I felt Derek rest his hand on my stomach. At first I jumped a little because I wasn't expecting it, it also might be because of Ayden and my argument last night and the plate breaking this morning; but after I realised what Derek was doing, I relaxed.

"How long?" Derek asked quietly.

"In about four months' time I will have a real baby," I chuckled. Derek wasn't as shocked as I was when I found out the timing. He seemed like he already knew it would be about this amount of time. That's probably because mom actually taught him and Jace about these types of things; she couldn't be bothered when it came to me. Plus she was too busy dealing with the pack.

I smiled up at him when a thought suddenly dawned on me, "what are you doing here? Did Ayden ask for you to come?" I exclaimed.

"No, Charlie," Derek chuckled, "Actually, dad sent me to get you as far away from here as possible."

"What, why?" I questioned.

"Because dad isn't attacking in 5 days' time anymore, he is attacking now."

Please vote and Comment!!