Chapter 20- 7 Days till Attack

Charlotte Midnight's POV

I sat down on the grass as I continued to watch Ayden play chasey with the pack children. They had really bonded with their Alpha over the past hour as all the children joined into the game.

It was originally just Ayden, Mackenzie and me playing chasey but after all the kids found out that the Alpha and Luna were playing games on the grass area, all the kids ran out. All the children kept ganging up on Ayden and me, so we were continuously being tagged 'it'. After a while, I got too tired to run around.

"May I sit with you, Luna?" A mother to one of the children asked.

"Of course you can, and please, just call me Charlie," I smiled at her. She sat down next to me.

"Thank you Lun- Charlie. I'm Eden by the way," She said.

Eden had dark brown hair, almost black. She had blue eyes and a couple of freckles spotted along her face from her younger years. Eden looked very young for someone her age, Not that I am calling her old, but I know she is much older then she looks. She appears to be around the age of 25 but I know that her son is one of the older children here.

"Nice to meet you Eden," I began, "Your Luca's mother, right?"

She nodded, "That little boy can be very difficult when he wants to but he is still my little angel."

"How old is he?" I questioned. I had now noticed that a couple of mothers had sat down beside us, probably around 4 of them, only two of them I recognized or had seen before

"He turns ten tomorrow, we are having a party here in the front garden, you should come," She encouraged, "He would love it if his Luna attended his birthday party."

"I would love to, I don’t think Ayden would be able to attend though, he is way too busy," I said, not getting into any details about the upcoming attack.

"I didn’t expect him to, he has always hated kids," she sighed.

"But with you here, he seems to have changed," Another mother chipped in.

"He has never played with our kids before," A younger, blonde woman chirped.

I blushed, "I have noticed he seems to be kinder and nicer since when I first got here."

"You've got him whipped girl, you may not see it but you do," The blonde said.

I chuckled, "I don’t think I do, I think it will take some time."

"Well now that he has marked you," Eden started, "You will see a large difference in him."

"What do you mean?" I asked. We weren't really taught these kinds of things in school. We got taught why we had mates, the physical sides of mates -marking and mating- and the benefits -feeling each other’s emotions and mind link-. We were never taught anything about the emotional sides of mates.