Z A S A L A M E L

Zas smiled and was about to throw some cheesy comment about he being complicated, but her lips met his once again, and there was simply nothing he could do except kiss her back and wrap both his arms around her waist, bringing her slightly colder body close to his, warmer. Zas' body temperature was naturaly slightly higher than that of a normal human, because of the years he spent in the desert, roaming and working as a mercenary mage. But now, after starting to master fire magic, his body temperature was even higher, feverish. Someone who touched his forehead would think he was having a bad fever.

Zas parted her lips with his tongue, enjoying her kiss as much as he could. It wasn't always they could be alone like this, enjoying each other. When it came to help the king and the royal family, Zas was Lulu's advisor. Even though he had lost his prophetic abilities, he was still very smart and an expert strategist. And after all those years of battle and struggle, it seemed Zas and Lulu could finaly take a breath and enjoy their relationship more. Even after ten years, he was still madly in love with her, just like the day they first had each other, in the old castle's library. The memory came back and Zas couldn't help but smile a little. The air outside was cold, but his body heat was enough to keep them both warm. Zas was substantialy bigger than Lulu, he had always been tall and muscular, and so his embrace was enough to warm a bit her body.

He pulled away softly from her lips, almost wishing he hadn't. Even though he was enjoying it, there was something he enjoyed almost as much as kissing her: Talking to her. She was smart and funny, but the reason he had pulled away was that he was a bit worried about her. Even though everybody at the house had somewhat sad expressions, Lulu's worried Zas much more than any other. He didn't like to see her sad, and so it was only natural that any hint of sadness would not take long to worry him. "Wandering around on your own, my love? Is there something troubling your thoughts?" he asked, removing a few strings of fire red hair from her face with his hand, gently. He looked deep in her eyes and got lost in them.

As their kiss seperated once more Lulu locked eyes for only a split second; and with his question she looked down. "It's nothing." A wash of feelings came over her as she ran quickly through what had been going through her mind. The uneasy feeling that she had gotten.

She dared to look up and could easily tell that her answer was not enough for Zas. She gave a slight smile as if trying to pass it off as truth and then just sighed; giving up. "It's just..." she started as she bit her bottom lip a moment, something she did when it was something a bit more serious on her mind or at least more troublesome. "I can't get my sister out of my head." she locked eyes with him once more. "I feel that there is something wrong, and I have no way of finding out."

She pulled her hand down from his face and laid it gently on his shoulder.

Z A S A L A M E L

Zas nodded in understanding. Her sister had been gone for a long time with Rathrut, and they hadn't been heard from since then. "Lillian...don't worry about her, my love. I'm sure she and Rathrut are both well and happy. Rath always loved her and would do absolutely anything to protect her.... Zas made a pause and remembered Rathrut with pride. He was an immensely powerful ally, and had been of great importance in many battles for the king. A demon fighting for good was something rare, and Rathrut was the rarest Zas had ever heard about. Not even legends told about a demon as powerful and honorable as him. After that short pause, he smiled a little bit. "...and we both know Rath is the most capable bodyguard Lillian could have." he finished, kissing her forehead softly.

The night's wind blew colder against them, but cold was something that Zas hardly felt. "Brr, it's getting chilly here, isn't it?" he said, with a smile, making it obvious he was half-joking because of his own temperature and the place normal cold climate. Zas' thoughts were suddenly diverted to the room he and Lulu shared. There was a fire place there where he could keep her warm, but he only thought about it for a split second. A nostalgic feeling washed over him as he remembered what lied inside a big wooden box. Zas wasn't strong enough to get rid of the armor the master blacksmith Shigo had made for him. Its bright purple crystals shone no more, they would never shine again. Only Shigo, or a blacksmith with as much skill, could reatune the armor to Zas' new powers. Thinking about that, Zas eyes were drawn back to hers. She still looked a bit worried. "Sweetheart, there's nothing we can do besides wait. She will get in touch when she's ready for it. It has not been so long since her heart was pierced by a blade. Give her time, i'm sure she will get back to us." he said, sealing it with a soft kiss on her lips.