Chapter Seventeen

A/N: My new favourite song <3 Along with HYPERDONTIA from Ghost. ^^ Enjoy the chapter! -Koma
---------------

Nova's POV

Before I could swing again, beating my cold fists into a body as warm blood coated my arms and face, something stopped me. I felt something warm touch me, on my mouth. What was it?

Everything was blurry, it almost hurt to look around. I was freaking out, I felt hot, overheated. I felt empty, I felt angry at the same time. A rush of emotions swam through my veins, it made me shake.

I looked down, seeing that Ara was close. My face began to burn. He's... kissing... me...

He was warm. He was soft. It felt oddly satisfying, it felt nice. I didn't want it to end, I couldn't let it! So I grabbed his body, wrapping my arms around him tightly and pulling him closer. He seemed a little surprised, but went on with it.

Please... Don't leave me for what I did...

My eyes opened and flickered downwards at Ara's body when I felt something wet trickle into my arms. Red, mixed with... water.

Ara was crying.

I hugged him close, shushing him softly as I gently stroked the back of his head, tangling my fingers gently in his hair. "Ara...?" I spoke softly, glancing at his body. His arm was bleeding and he looked like he was wheezing for air, yet he didn't make a sound. Tears fell from his cheeks as he hugged onto me tightly, face burying into my chest.

"Ara... Talk to me... What happened?" I frowned softly. "Was I the one who hurt you? I'm sorry... I won't do it again, I just need to get a refill of-"

"I love you." He choked out, hands clutching onto my shirt.

...

What.

"Ara- What...??" I asked, surprised.

"I l-love you, Nova... Please don't blame yourself.. Y-You were only trying to do what you thought was r-right...!" He whimpered, only pushing his face deeper into me. I felt myself frown.

So... I DID hurt him then...

I picked him up in my arms, holding him bridal style. His expression quickly turned to surprised as he stared up at me. I made my way into the living room, being careful with him. I don't want you to hurt, please... just let me help you...

I laid him on the couch, gently putting pillows on him. He looked pretty much buried underneath them, even cuter.

"Nova? What are you doing?" He asked.

"I'll... Be right back." I said softly, not paying attention to anything else he said as I left the room. I cleaned up the mess that was made in the kitchen, before going to my room. I grabbed bandages and a cloth along with peroxide, then headed back out to Ara, who was surprisingly still exactly where I put him.

I slipped to my knees by his side, putting the stuff down without saying a word. "Stay still..." I ordered in a soft tone as I poured a little bit of peroxide onto the cloth, wetting it. I then glanced at him. "Lift your sleeve a bit..."

He did so, and I pressed the cloth gently against the ripped flesh. Definitely something that my nails would do, fuck me... I mentally groaned and kept it there for a few moments, ignoring the small hisses and squirms that Ara made. I eventually took the cloth off and then grabbed the bandages, wrapping up his wound carefully before picking everything up and returning it to where I had found it.

He loves me... He loves me... God fucking dammit he loves me... At least that's what he said, he can't POSSIBLY mean it, right?? He doesn't love a monster, he doesn't love you... He-

"Nova you've been pacing for the past ten minutes... Is something wrong?" I heard Ara ask, his sweet and gentle voice attacking me like wasps.

I groaned. "Uhm... Yeah, just thinking..." I lied easily, continuing to pace. Okay, I was thinking, that wasn't a lie. Though if thinking includes fighting with myself, then I guess I didn't lie after all.

Haha, he must hate you... He's only saying those words because he doesn't want to get hurt again... You messed him up pretty badly, you know~

T-That was an accident... I-I don't want to become a monster! I just don't want to hurt anyone anymore... I can't-

I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't-

The same voice echoed on and on inside my head, almost drowning out every other thought I had. I bit my lip, my paces becoming slower, but not by much.

I already am a monster...

I turned to Ara, who was still laying on the couch where I put him, he was still looking at me with his adorable, worried eyes. Break him. I crept closer to him, eyes narrowing into a dark gaze.

"What's wrong? Did I do something?? I'm sorry!" He apologized quickly, seeming surprised. Break. Him.

"Ara... Sweet little... Ara..." I mumbled, slipping to my knees once again in front of him, looking up at him as his still body stayed exactly where I put it. His eyes were watching my every movement, yet not breaking once from my eyes.

"Y-Yes...??" He seemed a little worried, but at the same time, who looked like he was trying to drown his doubts and worry. BREAK. HIM. BE DONE WITH IT, NOVA...

"Aaaaaaarrrraaaaa~" I giggled softly, feeling a small spark of anxiety almost electrocute my veins. Our eyes connected for the last time, as our faces became closer, closer.

And before I knew it, our lips were once again pressing together, in an everlasting, reassuring kiss.

I heard a door close inside my head at that point, whether it was the front door or the back one, it didn't matter to me. The bad thoughts seemed to disappear from my mind, as if they never existed in the first place.

And I couldn't lie this time, when I said I didn't press any further into our kiss.

After pulling away and seeing Ara's beet-red face, I couldn't help but laugh and pull him close to my chest.

"I love you too, sweetheart."