Ch.7 ~ Dead Clueless.

When you say that you love me, no I love you more. When you say that you need me, no I need you more. Boy I adore you. I adore you. I love lying next to you. I could do this for eternity. You and me.

The wild wind whipped through my icy cold locks. Licking it's way past me and into the darkness of the trees behind me. The dull looking flowers dancing crazily with the wind, grass as the audience. My skirt rapidly whipped around my legs, causing a commotion. My arms outstretched to the side. Inhaling the rapid, ferocious bite that the air was spreading. It was a deadly wind that could easily cause havoc among a busy street.

"The rain will come soon, we should take shelter in the trees." A shivering Briar stood behind me, knowing not to disturb me to much.

"No need, it never rains here. The stars will be out soon enough." she nodded and slowly retreated to her secluded space in the dark corner. I closed my eyes letting the wind envelope me in it's icy hug. Only when the winds hug was replaced with anothers embrace did I peel my eyelids open.

My eye sight was filled with a full head of feathery brown hair. He squeezed me tightly, obviously excited to see me "You haven't been back for ages." He released me of his grip and looked into my eyes, making me melt.

"It drains my energy visiting you all the time Xavier. But I'm here now, right?" He nodded a little blankly. "I've been thinking Xavier, I want to know all the facts, how I died, why, when, and all that jazz." We both sat down under the trees looking up at the families starry night.

"I suppose I could help you with that then."

He sat his chin on my shoulder with his forehead gently brushing over my cheek. "You smell like flowers." I laughed, he can smell me? He smelt me?

"I was just in a field full of them." We both chorused in soft laughter. I felt a soft chill of air over my body the trees ruffling and the water rippling along with it.

"I remember the day we first met." I nodded.

"So do I."

"It was summer 2002, the cabin beside us had just sold and the new family was spending summer there. I was only eight at the time, looking out the window of our temporary home and I saw the new family for the first time, pulling out random deck chairs, chilly bins, suitcases, and all the typical summer holiday stuff.

"I noticed the dad wearing a Hawaiian shirt and board shorts, the mum was already in her swimsuit and a flowing skirt, a small child in her arms. But the one I noticed the most was a small girl, probably only a year or so younger than me.

"She had blonde hair then and wore a sparkly shoes, pink headbands and girly dresses. But she was always bubbly, bright - like she shone - and friendly, she never once turned a person or animal away. she only grew with these traits, except she ditched the girly dresses, sparkly shoes, and pink headbands, replacing them with washed out jeans, ratty converse, and crop tops.

"I don't know why but she always fascinated me, eventually I fell into love with her. Our families were so close they were entwined. One year, my family lost it all. We got word last summer that there had been a car accident not too far off with a family who were on their way out here. No survivors. Our neighbours hadn't turned up yet. Panic set in.

"They had identified it as their car and their bodies, our neighbours, dead. A male adult, female adult, and a young girl, 13 or so. She was missing later that night she turned up at our door, I swore to myself that night to never let her go. She wouldn't slip through my fingers.

"But that girl did. She slipped straight through and into the water beneath. I found her under water. Face down in this lake here. She had marks on neck and her wrists, all up to her arms, it wasn't pleasant to see her, I removed her from the water and tried to give her CPR, but she wouldn't respond. She died in my arms. I saw the life leave her eyes, I felt the the warmth drain from her body, and saw the colour evaporate from her skin. She died and so did I.

"I couldn't eat, sleep, move even. I never understood what the detectives told me about her case. I blocked everyone out. They learn't to block me out too, eventually I wasn't even there. I hurt all the time. Then it was black for a while. But when it all came back it was just as bad as before if not worse. Then one day I found her again. Dead as a door nail but still good, yeah, still good.The girl was you ten. Now come on, I'll get those police files for you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were currently inside the local police station. In the middle of the night. When it was locked. Xavier knew they wouldn't give him the files so he decided to break in and steal the file. There was no stopping him, he was determined. It was odd that he never once left a fingerprint.

On the cold walk home we sung loudly rocking our hands back and forth as they cling to each other. Running wildly about the empty road. Once we got back, we snuck in his window, nocking his things over and hushing each other while restraining our laughter.

Once we finally gathered ourselves we sat at his desk and displayed the file, debating who should open it first. I ended up flinging it open with a few photos and scraps of paper scattering about. Xavier scurried pick them up, but I was frozen in place. A picture of the dead body sat in the corner of the front page.

My body just left, discarded on the forest floor. Although I know it wasn't that way. I managed to pull my eyes away from the photo and read the other contents of the page. My name. My age. My date of birth. All the usual. It was accompanied by a write up of my case.

It intrigued me how they could write the facts straight, cold, and brutally the way they did. It hurt a bit. As I read the words Xavier rubbed his hand soothingly up and down my back.

Miss Tenley Harrison was found deceased by Mr. Xavier Lucas at a local camping area on 13.12.12. At the scene no evidence was found. In the victims living quarters there where traces that the victim was suffocated with her pillow until dragged against her will to the nearby lake where drowned, leaving bruises along her neck, arms, and wrists. The victim was later found on the brink of death by Mr. Xavier Lucas who administered CPR until declared dead not long after wards.

Possible suspects - Mr. Xavier Lucas - Mr. Chris And Mrs. Sierra Lucas.

A stamp of vivid red ink covered the bottom of the page reading 'un solved case'. My killer was still roaming the streets, free as a bird. I flickered through the rest of the pages only finding leads that ran to dead ends, all the suspects had been cleared, only once I saw the last page did I freeze.

Mr. Xavier Lucas was found unconscious by his mother, Mrs. Sierra Lucas, after he didn't attend breakfast that morning. She called ambulance services in the nearest town to their summer holiday batch. Her husband had searched for a pulse unable to detect one. Medical attention arrived soon after and concluded that Mr. Xavier Lucas had been deceased for at least 12 hours prior to their arrival. After a later autopsy, medical technicians discovered the cause of death being an overdose of sleeping pills prescribed to the victim after the death of former partner, Miss. Tenley Harrison. After police examined the scene they found what they believe was a suicide note let by the victim. The note was a key piece of evidence in his case. There is no evidence apart from the suicide note to prove that the death of Miss. Harrison was the cause of is his untimely demise.

A picture was paper clipped to the bottom of the page showing the suicide note. It read, 'I'm sorry Ten, I just wanted to sleep. I needed to sleep. But it's all okay now. - Love, Xav"