The Suicide Call (Coming soon)

The Suicide call is a work of fiction but deals with serious issues. If anyone, at any point in their life, feel as if they want to take their lives remember there are people all around the world here to help you. Pick up the phone, send an email, write a letter. It doesn't matter how you tell someone, just as long as you do. 

Depression is a serious issue and the only way someone can help you is if you help yourself first. Getting help is the first step to achieving something wonderful. If that's not enough, know that I believe in you, your friends believe in you, and your family believes in you. Never let anyone tell you you are never good enough. 

Shine bright and live life to the fullest. Because you never know when your great adventure might happen! 

Much love, Nickymb ♥

=============================================================

“Hello?”

I look down at the phone cord twisting along the table and sigh. If it is another prank call I am just going to curse the person out and hang up. I didn’t want to deal with any more immature boys trying to weasel their way into acting like they were depressed just for the fun. The last time I fell for it, I ended up getting an ear full of profanity and obnoxious laughter to match.

 “Look,” I start, no longer trying to be polite. “If this is some prank call, take it somewhere else. If I have to hear one more fucking idiotic joke I am going to the police.” Not that the police and I have a good relationship, but still. The threat should be enough to scare them away and keep annoying middle school boys from acting like children. The guy on the other line doesn’t say anything and I’m just starting to think he hung up when he finally answers me.

“Actually, ma’am, my name is Wade Martin and I am thinking about killing myself.”

 When seventeen-year-old Lydia Good ends up getting drunk at a party and performs the biggest prank of her lifetime, her parents aren’t too happy. With the Mayor threatening to press charges and refusing to take her fathers offer, her parents decide the best thing for Lydia to do is give back to the town and show everyone that she’s as good as her last name implies.

 Volunteering to answer calls for the Suicide Hotline is depressing in itself. If she’s not getting calls about people threatening to jump off buildings, or wanting to talk about their multiple problems, then it’s immature boys prank calling for kicks and giggles.

 When one night a call comes in from a guy saying he’s thinking about ending his life, Lydia doesn’t know if it’s a joke or not. But when the boy calls back every single night at the same time, Lydia spends hours upon hours trying to decipher the guy behind the call.

 Because what’s worse than falling for a guy you don’t even know?

 Falling for a guy too lost to even love you back.