Chapter 27: Always here for you

(2 chapters today because I feel like it!)

-Lyla-

I was lying on my bed with tears down my eyes. I've lost so many people I've loved in my life and I don't want to love anyone again. I like my friends, I don't love them, because I'm afraid of losing them. "Hey, Madeline told me you stormed off after she said something" Maxine said. "Go away" I needed to be alone right now, I can't think straight. "You can talk to me, I'm always here for you" He looked at the ground at his feet, moving one foot across the wooden floor. "Madeline said that me and you would look cute together. It bothers me, because I don't want to love again after losing so many people I did love" I was about to cry wasn't I. Maxine removed his jacket and sat on my bed. "Madeline does that a lot mostly to me, but I think she just misunderstood she doesn't know what your going through" Maxine stated. "True, but I guess she did compare us to roses are red and violets are blue" i was blushing. I sat up and Maxine hugged me. "You know I'm always here for you right" Maxine said. "Yea I know, everyone is here for me watching my back. Especially you when I almost got killed...Oh my goodness I'm sorry!" I panicked I know that brings back terrible memories. "It's fine, it's fine. Just....worried..about you.." Maxine was covering his face. "It's really sweet you were worrying about me, but why so embarrassed" He moved his bangs out of the way and stopped hiding his face. "I-I-I just...really l-like you" Maxine's face was pure red and my face was red as my hair. "Y-You like me, l-like more than a f-friend" I was shocked, I didn't know what to say.