1. brothers

Swollen lips meet the tip of the glass bottle of booze. The maiden ingests the last drops of the alcoholic beverage, then tosses it across the room; glass shards spreading onto the floor. With the power she still possess in her small being, she stands on her malfunctioning legs and staggers her way to the front door.

Tremulous hands reach out for the trench coat. She contemplates whether or not to take the medium sized switch-blade that sits on the nightstand. In the end, she shoves the blade deep within her pockets and exists her roach infested apartment, and onto the soothing atmosphere of the streets.

A small ten minute walk down to the local bar, she could already hear aggressive howls of men throwing to other men inside of the rusty building. She opens the door and a bell above her form rings loudly; catching everyone's attention.

"Good evening," a male bartender greets as he is drying a glass cup.

The female slightly tilts her head downwards as a greeting, then makes her way to the counter.

"Whatcha looking for fella?" The bartender sets the cup down and rests his elbows on the counter.

She reaches into her pocket and takes out the remaining dollar bills she had. "Any bottle is fine."

"Will do, sir." He walks off to the back of the bar. The female stares at the men who were throwing darts aimlessly at a board while drinking much more than their livers could take in. The place smelt of sweat, cigars and unsurprisingly, iron.

The bell rings and like the others had done with the female's arrival, they turn to look at the new face. The man dressed in a brown, worn-out coat walks over to the counter and sits two stools down to hers.

She faces forward and lazily rests her head on her arms. "Would it kill you to at least look at your surroundings?"

In the corner of her (e/c) orbs, she sees the mans gaze turn towards her direction. Following the mans actions, she notices the faint smell of alcohol reeking out of his body.

'Probably half a bottle.'

Her hands make her way into her pockets to take out a box of cigarrets and a lighter. She places her final joystick between her lips and lights up the end of the stick. After taking a long inhale, she exhales and the nerves that were building up within her calm down. Sensing the alcohol that her body consumed not too long ago fading away, she impatiently waits for her next bottle to arrive. She did not want to sense the feeling of being sober; oh no, she wanted to intoxicate her liver till she was utterly wasted until dawn.

The bartender comes out of the room and places a long, two-liter bottle on the counter. "Come back soon."

Taking the cigarette out of her mouth and then, with the same hand grabs the bottle, she faces Avilio; only to see his head back and his hair not blocking his complexation, which was a new sight for the maiden.

"Wanna join?" She asks while holding out the bottle.

Avilio gets out of the chair and starts walking out the door. She follows behind the male and he holds open the door for her; or so she thought. Instead, he held open the door, faced the female and took the cigarette that was in between her fingers. He places it between his lips and continues walking.

Now, to their rooftop that was filled with so many memories of the pair of 'brothers'.

-