Number

Slash's POV

"Slash?"

NO!" I cried, sitting up with a start. My head was spinning, my eyes were watering. I wanted to pass out. I thrashed my arms, flailing my body and crying.

"Hey! It's me!" I hear Nikki. Thank God, it's Nikki.

"N-Nikki." I whisper, clinging onto the body in front of me.

"Yeah, it's me, bud." He sighed, grabbing my arms to steady me as I sat up. "I found you and Axl passed out in the backyard. Some guy named Vince picked him up after the party and I put you in my room." He laughed. "You look like shit."

"I feel like shit." My head was pounding, my body ached. "I-I smoked."

"Yup, I know." He let out a gruff laugh. "How did it feel?"

"Fucking terrible."

"That's the thing with drugs, they make some people feel great, others have anxiety. Guess you're unlucky." Nikki chuckled, letting me go. We were both in his bed upstairs but it wasn't weird because Nikki is my best friend.

"I wanna go home." I sniff, bringing the covers to my chin and sighing. I was exhausted.

"Take a nap first, I'll bring you home when you wake up." Nik smiled softly, I could almost see pity in his eyes and I frowned.

"What about work?"

"I have Duff covering me at the cafe and I called Izzy, he said Steven's helping him. I have everything taken care of."

"Y-You're the best." I mumbled, quickly drifting to sleep as soon as I closed my eyes.

"I know I am."

~

Axl's POV

I woke up, dazed and confused, laying on a hard floor. My floor, I realized as I slowly stood up, grabbing my aching head and looking around. My house.

That's when I saw the note on my door. It was on a sticky note and scribbled in a rush.

Axl,

You have 6 days.

Vince.

~

Slash's POV

The door to the cafe rang and heavy boots clomped its way into the small place. Without looking I could already tell it was him. I pretended to be very interested in the coffee as I stirred it around with a small black straw.

He sat down next to me and I could smell him. Leather and smoke. I was addicted to that smell. I was addicted to him. All night while sleeping in Nikki's bed, my head wouldn't stop. Axl Rose. Whenever I closed my eyes, there he was, smiling and grinning with a joint hanging from his bottom lip. The way he touched me-

"So, you gonna ignore me now?" I hear him say, snapping me out of my thoughts. I feel him shift next to me. Nikki was gone, probably in the back room to give us some space. He takes my hands in his. His hands are rough and big, mine are soft and small.

"I'm sorry about last night, I really am." Axl sounds sincere and lifts my chin up to face him. We are inches apart, breathing the same air. "I wanted to call, make sure you were okay but I don't have your number."

"Don't apologize." A smile dances on my lips. He wants my number. "It was quite the adventure."

He squeezes my hands and I look up to see him shaking his head and chuckling.