An innocent love of a angel CH 6

Chapter 6

After school i went shopping for some things i will be needing for the basket. i picked up so many things for cheap prices i was so happy with my self, i was heading towards my house as i pasted the park, i looked over to see Cornelius sitting at a park bench while some fake girls tried to get his attention, once i got home my dad looked at me oddly.

"honey what are you doing?" my dad asked.

"well there is a lunch basket auction at my school" i told him and took out some bakery things and smiled. I stirred the muffin mix in in the bowl as dad looked at a file.

"my last case went well, now I'm helping some guy who got crashed in to my a bus, poor guy, I'm glad there wasn't any permanent damage" dad said as he sighed.

"flick on the kettle honey" dad called when he slouched back in his chair. I flicked on the kettle and got back to work while my muffins were in the oven i took out my wicker basket, it was light brown, very plain but very sturdy. I put black and white ribbons in to bows on the handle with little bows around the rim of the basket making a simple yet sweet affect. I smiled as i heard the timer for my muffins i gave dad one and put black coloured icing on it with white chocolate chips stuck on the top in sweet message's like kiss, love or hug.

I made some cookies with white chocolate chips in white they was in the oven i took out four bottles of pure juice, the pure juice was a good idea. I put white padding on the bottom of the basket so the things i put in with not sit on some thing hard,

"so dad do you have any other cases?" i asked him.

"yes, i got a bad one my client is a witness to a killing" dad told me frowning at his work.

"sounds horrible" i told him and put the cookies in a see through plastic bag with the opening tied shut with ribbon, i put the muffins in a plastic bag too.

After hours of making muffins, cookies, pretzels with white icing with black sprinkles on top, doughnuts with the same topping on them and of course candy hearts, i put them in the basket and put white net cover with black lace around the edges over the top of the basket to protect it.

Dad went to his study as i put the basket on the kitchen table. I heard a sharp knock on the door.

i walked over and knocked on it to see Cornelius standing there wet from the pouring rain, his clothes were soaked through, i could easily see his very strong chest through his wet shirt.

"Cornelius what are you doing here?" i yelped as i as looked at his wet hair cling to him.

"i came to tell you I'm not playing with your heart and that i like you" Cornelius said in a heart pounding way.

"you came all this way to tell me that? Come on in you will catch your death if you don't get out of those clothes" i told him and grabbed his hand and brought him in, i brought him to my room and sat him down on my seat, i went to the bath room to get towel's, when i got back Cornelius was looking at my room with amazement.

I sat on my bed and told him to come to me i put a towel under him so he wouldn't make and mess and looked at him.

"your soaked!, take that shirt off" i told him, he nodded and unbuttoned his soaked shirt, he pealed it off his skin and gave it to me i placed it on the radiator and strokes the towel softly on his chest, Cornelius looked at my hand no matter where i moved it he watched. I picked up the smaller towel and strokes his cheek.

"i meant it you know, i do like you" Cornelius told me.

"i know, I'm sorry i was so snotty it's just when you get bitten once your twice shy, i guess I'm scared to get hurt again" i told him, my towel slipped from my as he pulled the towel out of my grip and placed my hand on his cheek.

"i know your a angel and i find it so adorable that you are a creature of the light" He told me and kissed my hand.

"your going to catch a cold if you Don't let me dry your clothes" i told him.

"use your powers to dry them" Cornelius told me and placed my hand on his wet trouser leg, i looked at his leg and blinked slowly, when i opened my eyes they was dry as a bone. I looked up to see his hair was wet, i got the small towel and rubbed his hair, Cornelius was silent as i dried his hair. I gave him my brush as he brushed his hair he looked at me.

"so are you completely single?" Cornelius asked me.

"yes i am" i told him as i looked down.

"but you don't want to be, you want to be with some one who will hold you and protect you from hurt" Cornelius said and pulled me to him.

"i vow i will never hurt you" Cornelius breathed and looked at my lips.

"you better keep that vow" i told him, i dried his shirt and gave it back to him. Cornelius called a taxi to pick him up,once he hung up he returned to me.

"when you went to get a towel i got more question's than answers, like the base ball bat under your bed? Do you play?" Cornelius asked me.

"no it's in case some one sneaks in the house, dad is very protective, it has some thing to do with the whole lawyer thing" i told him.

"what about your make up you don't have much all i see is some very light skin powder and lip balm" Cornelius told me.

"well i like pale skin, i hate tans and foundation and all that sun bed stuff and the lip balm is because i like to take care of my lips" i told him.

"i noticed you have no jewellery box, do you have no trinkets you decorate you self with?" Cornelius asked me.

"i all so noticed you have many relaxing CD's with sea pictures and pictures of the rain forest on them, you have more than ten of them why? I thought girls loved pop music" Cornelius smiled at me.

"well i have trouble going to sleep at night and every night since i played calming music I've been fine" i told him smiling softly at him.

"lets talk about your ex then what's his damage? What stupid mistake did he make in your relationship that would make you dump him" Cornelius asked getting straight to business.

"well when i walked in his room one day he was in the shower i found a pro and con list of me then i heard a message from a girl he met up with the night before saying she enjoyed the night they had together" i told Cornelius, his face hardened as his eye's turned black, his muscular body tensed.

"he doesn't deserve you, you need a real guy with you" Cornelius said to me.

"pick me and you won't regret it" Cornelius told me as he pulled me closer.

"i am clever, i will protect you, i will make you smile and laugh, i will ravish you in love you will faint from the process, i will make you feel like royalty and i promise i will be faithful to you" Cornelius promised.

"okay I'll give you a chance to enter my heart" i told him.

"thank you, you won't regret it" he told me and kissed my knuckles then kissed my wrist and then started to kiss up my arm. I blushed a deep red as he kissed my upper arm.

"my dad is going to check on me soon he will be upset to see a demon in my room" i told Cornelius. Cornelius slipped on his shirt and buttoned it up. Cornelius opened my window and began to climb out and stopped as he was half way out.

"i will see you at school angel face" he winked and left. I rubbed my hand over my face. Just wow.