Chapter Thirty Six (FINAL CHAPTER)

----------------------

Dedication: Olaflover28 for suggesting the song 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' (the Glee version) reminds her of Sadie and Casey!

Recap:

I squeezed my eyes shut, gripping the railing as if I was about to fall.

"Hi Sadie."

The voice was deep, like it had been when he spoke to me in my room. Goose bumps scattered across my skin.

"Casey," I whispered brokenly.

"You didn't really think it was him, did you?"

I spun on my heel, feeling like my heart was ready to leap outside my chest at any moment, my eyes snapping open.

It wasn't Casey.

----------------------

"You..." I trailed off, staring with disbelief.

I felt my mind screaming as my thoughts raced. He had been cleared. His face...

"It's you...?" I hesitantly asked.

"Yep," Owen replied, a menacing smirk twisting onto his lips. "You've always thought you were too good for me, haven't you, Sadie?"

I gripped the railing, my head spinning. "This can't be right. Josh punched you. You should have a mark on your face."

"Who said I'm the only one involved?" Owen asked, his eyes now showing something I'd never seen before: cruelness.

"He's not even alive, is he?" I whispered, my words hardly audible, getting caught in the wind.

"Of course not, you fucking idiot," he snapped, his fists balling at his sides. "You killed him! You were his best friend, how could you not know someone is suicidal?"

Silent tears rolled down my cheeks as his words felt razor sharp, slicing me open with each syllable.

"You didn't even know him, or me, how could you say something like that?" I cried, my eyes burning. "You have no right to have a say on something you know nothing about."

"I know all about it."

"I had no idea Casey was going to do it. I promise. I had no suspicions..." I began wiping furiously at my cheeks.

"Of course not, you're just so innocent," Owen spat.

"You did all this, because you blame me?" I sobbed, my hand pressed hard against my chest. "You have messaged me, followed me, assaulted me, because you blame me?"

He shrugged.

"Wait..." I trailed off, things starting to click into place. "How do you know everything?"

"I told him," a new voice said.