Chapter 2

The soldiers started cheering as they routed the last of the Orcs away from the trenches. As they rejoiced, Fletcher heard his name being called by a Sergeant in front of a tent, he called for Sylva and also for the third battle mage, who was named Searston. As they shook off their drenched clothing upon entering the command tent, they were greeted by the familiar sight of Arcturus, their old teacher from Vocans academy. He was briefing the sergeants in the tent. Fletcher said "What's happening? Why are the orcs attacking now?". Arcturus replied," We believe that this is perhaps the second phase of the prophecy, a backup plan just in case the first failed. We believe that this could be a real threat to Hominum security. We need a team to go see what is going on the the orc's capital. Only demons could do it since there seems to be a heavy guard after your sabotage last year". "So you're suggesting we send in Athena and see what's happening?". "Yes, and no, we would send Athena in with possible a Mite, for greater security, for something large is happening and we need to get to the bottom of this soon". Fletcher thought about this for a moment, If something is really happening, I suppose seeing what wouldn't hurt anyone. Fletcher said "Sure", and Arcturus drew out his scrying stone, since his stone was vastly superior to all of the other stones they had. They swiped Athena with it and a new battlemage they hadn't seen before summoned a sky blue Mite and swiped it on his stone. The Mite took off and they watched the shaky image as they flew above the clouds to their destination, the orc capital. Fletcher took a moment to look around at the soldiers around him, noticing how they were all officers or battlemages, showing the gravitude of this impromptu mission.