Chapter 7 - I Snapped

I've avoided Ian all week in school. I've ignored him everywhere I see him. It hurts a little to do this to him. He was becoming my best friend and then I started having feelings for him. Stupid mistake.

I sat in third period, starting the homework assignment of tonight.

The chair next to me moved and I knew it was Ian.

"Hey, Sam." He said staring at me. His face looked like he was desperate for me to tell him that everything's okay.

"Hey." I looked back down to my paper.

"What's going on with you, Sam? You haven't talked to me in five days." He knew the amount of days? "Did I do something to you?"

"I already told you that you didn't do anything. Now leave me alone."

His face went from frustrated to confusion and pity.

"Ian! Come sit here with me!" Melody yelled from across the room.

I threw dagger eyes at her.

"If you still want to come to the beach house with me and the guys tomorrow, we'll be leaving my house at four. You can bring a friend. Hope to see you there." He got up and walked to Melody.

It's not like he wanted to be here anyways if his mate's over there. Ugh why did I put myself in this situation.

"Why have you been pushing him away, Sam? He's done nothing but be a friend to you." Annie said from behind me.

I turned to her. "Yeah and that led me into problems. I have feelings for him now but he has a mate and I'm getting one in a couple of weeks."

"Damn. Well hey that's the bright side. You're possibly gonna have a mate in a couple of weeks. That's great." she said.

"It doesn't feel like that though."

"I know. Werewolf problems." she said and laughed a little.

"What about you? Any luck in the market?" I asked.

"I'm not looking in the market. I'm waiting for fate to catch up to my mate and I."

Annie was always the smarter of us two. Better grades, better life skills, better at everything. That includes P.E.

"Who do you think it's gonna be?"

"I don't know but he's around here. I can feel it."

I smiled at her happiness and confidence. The smile didn't make me feel any better though.

Stupid human feelings.

~ IAN'S POV ~

I sat at my lunch table with some members from my pack. They were talking about phones.. or farms. I don't know. I'm not really paying attention to them.

My head moved around looking for Sam. When I asked her why she wouldn't stay with me the other night she said 'you know why'.

What the fuck does that mean? What exactly do I know that she knows too?

I smelled her scent and looked at her as she walked in. She looked amazing as always. She had on a tan knitted sweater with light jeans and her hair was deliciously damp and curled with mousse.

I swear if we weren't in public and she didn't hate me, I'd mate her.

She took a look at my table and quickly turned away once she saw me looking at her. Why is she acting like this? Just last week we were best friends.

I saw her bump into Daniel and my chest tightened. I zoned my ears in to hear them.

"I wanted to talk to you." Garrett said.