Endless Sleep

I fell into a deep sleep.

So, my servant, Ariana, will share the hapenings that took place when I was asleep.

_____________________________________________________________________________

I was just cleaning my mistress' fireplace, when I heard screaming at the party downstairs. I ran down to check if my mistress was in trouble, but it was worse than I imagined. The curse happened! Everyone was trying to catch a glimpse of my mistress' dead body. But I knew in my heart that she was not dead. Just sleeping. They lay her down on her bed in her chambers, and I was asked to guard her. The mere sight of her broke the poor King and Queen's heart, even mine. She just lay there, breathing slowly. You would mistake her for someone who's dead, but if you look at her closely, you can still see a trace of life in her. Pink cheeks, red lips and fluttering eyelashes. I stayed all day and all night, and kept daily vigil. I became worried that no one might wake her up soon, and she's all I have.

" Ariana?" the King called.

" Yes, your Majesty?"

" Take the day off. You have been staying with her for the past couple of months already. And there seems to be no hope of rousing her." he said, with tears in his eyes.

" You Majesty, I would not leave her side. I have been with her since she was just a little toddler. And no one will give me enough reason to leave her side. Please, your Majesty." I begged him. I can't leave my Sabby behind.

" Ariana?"

" Yes, you Majesty?"

" Do you know any doctors that might help?" the King asked.

" Yes, you Majesty. But I think doctors might not help. But I do know some one who could help."

_______________________________________________________________________________

" Your Majesty? The fairy is here."

" Fairy? Do you think this is a good idea? Do you think she can help?" The King looked anxious and tired.

" Yes, Your Majesty. She has helped many people in my village. Even saved my little brother from dying, sir." I replied.

The fairy's name is Arethusa, and she has powers that can save people, even dying ones. And I was hoping she can heal Sabia from this kind of curse. She bent near Sabia's bed and held her hand.

" Is she under a curse?" Arethusa asked.

" Yes. A witch cursed her on her 16th birthday." The queen replied. The King placed his arm on her shoulder. " Can you undo the curse?"

" I never undo curses, my lord. but I will tell you how to break it. For three days, the sun will not shine. Darkness will overpower this kingdom. Since the curse has been done, and had been done by a  very powerful witch, her powers will rule, temporarily. But when the sun rises on the fourth day, the curse will only be broken by true love's kiss."