9: Looking For the Answers

*Egon's pov* 

I looked at the book for the long time. What do I do? It's been a week since I talked with Natalie. I had to find her soon, or else Ligen was going to do something terrible to her. He's clearly already done it. 

"Hey Egon, dinner's ready," Louis told me sadly. He hasn't been at work lately since Natalie disappeared. We didn't make him come. He just needed to get used to the fact that the person who was going to be his wife was now gone. I was still getting over the fact she was gone. 

"Thank you Louis," I replied. He looked at me for a second, then sighed. 

"Do you have any idea if you can find her?" 

"I don't know Louis. I'm trying my best. If I could make her magically appear, you know I would. I'm so sorry Louis. I know how much she meant to you." 

"It's okay I guess," he said looking at his hands. 

"No it's not," I told him placing my hand on his shoulder. He was trying not to cry. 

"I miss her so much!" he cried into my chest. I let him cry, knowing he's been holding it in too long. He needed to let it all out. I wasn't going to stop him. "Why did she have to do this?" I thought about it. I still didn't know. 

Why did she do it? She told us to go, she forced Ligen into the book, she trapped herself. What did that have in common? What was there to tell us why she did it? If we didn't leave then we could have been trapped in the book with her. She knew that she couldn't let us be in that book in a place no one who is a demon might be killed. If Ligen did whatever he planned to do here then we all might be killed once again. Either that or we would become slaves to him and his army. I finally understood why Natalie did all of this. Why she did anything that seemed stupid, dangerous, or both.

"She did it because cares about us," I answered. "She knew that if she didn't do it that we wouldn't have a chance with whatever Ligen was going to do. She did all of it to save the people she loved. She didn't think about herself at all or how it would affect us, but only how it would keep us safe and alive." 

"Really?" he asked. I nodded. "I never thought about that way Egon." 

"I didn't either. I just figured out why she did it." I picked up the book, looking at it. "She really was a hero." 

"She was," Peter spoke up from the doorway. I looked up and saw the guys looking at me. 

"I'll be out in a minute," I told them and they nodded. Everyone walked out, leaving me alone. I sighed and picked up the book. I smiled at it. 

I finally understood. She did it for New York, the guys, Louis, me. She did it to save everyone she cared about. I don't think anyone would do that when their own lives were on the lines. Natalie didn't care about that. She only cared about taking care of every person who needed her, even if they didn't deserve her help. Deep down she cared about every single person she meant and wouldn't stop until they were safe or she was dead. 

I had to save her. She did everything to save us. She gave everything to save us. I walked to my desk and saw something laying under a few papers on it. I picked it up and read the small note that was old. Don't forget Natalie's music box. 

I groaned. I never got around to doing that. The one thing that she actually liked that I gave her that I had to replace was gone. I looked at the book and smiled. I got out some tools and wood to make the box. I started to make it, putting every piece together to make sure that it didn't break. I painted it a light blue like her eyes, carving in patterns that would last. I carved her name in it, and over it painted it in a gold color. I worked for an hour or so to finish it. When I was done I was looking at an even better version of her old music box. When I opened it the same song played, a little girl spinning around.  

I smiled and placed the box next to the book. It looked so beautiful, unlike the ugly book that was a prison to one of the people I loved. I opened it, watching the girl spin and I sighed. 

"It'll be waiting for you Natalie," I whispered. I started to walk away. A bright appeared behind me, and I fall down. I hit my head, and I closed my eyes, not able to keep them up. 

____________ 

I opened my eyes to see a bright white room. This wasn't the firehouse. I looked around, but the room was too bright. I had to cover my eyes. 

"Where am I?" I asked no one really. I was the only one in the room. 

"Do not worry Egon," I heard a voice speak up. I turned and saw White holding the music box. "You're save." 

"Where am I?" I asked again. "Why am I here?" 

"I just wished to talk. We're in your mind." 

"My mind?" 

"Yes. This is nothing but a dream Egon. But I do have to tell you that you did a good job at figuring out the riddle." 

"Figuring it out? I don't have a clue to what that means!" 

"Then why do you think you made this?" she asked holding up the blue box. 

"I made it because I love Natalie and she loves the gift I made her. Mom gave it away and I promised to make her a new one." 

"Why did you make it? That first part." 

"Because I... love her. I love her! I made it out of love!" 

"You did," she said laughing at my happiness. She knew she was getting the dots to connect in my mind. 

"I love Natalie. That's why Ligen has been trying to get rid of me. I'm the only one who can stop him. Even if I wasn't has smart has I am, I could still do it. That's the key to stopping Ligen: the female's brother!" 

"You've got it Egon. Now I think Natalie needs you. I'm sorry I had to make you hit your head though." 

"I don't even care right now. I can save my sister. This is so nifty!" 

"Nifty?" 

"I say it when I'm perky." 

"Good bye Egon." 

She waved her hand and I opened my eyes to see myself laying on the lab floor. I sat up and grabbed the book opening it. I smiled down at the pages. I was so close to saving my sister. All I had to do was face Ligen and win. 

There, all you Extreme Ghostbusters fans, I finally made a reference to it. *Crowd goes wild* Thank you! Thank you! I'm never doing it again! For all those people who don't like it (Nikki) then the reference for you (Nikki) is the nifty line. So you better thank me (Nikki). 

Sparkles: You really are good at making bad jokes, aren't you? 

Shut up! -_- So this book is coming to an end. Only a few more chapters. I think maybe five or less. More then three I can tell you that. Maybe a few more then five. I don't know, I have to plan it out. Then the Real Ghostbusters will restart! Peace out my Stars!