6: Playing With Emotions

I walked back up into the room, but when I looked in I saw Mom and Dad laughing, Wanda hugging Ellis. His eyes were open and he was laughing with everyone. Ellis was alive? How? I watched him die. I couldn't wrap my mind around it. 

"Hi Egon," he told me. I smiled and walked over hugging him also. 

"I thought you were dead," I replied and he laughed. 

"I did too. Yet this woman that looked a lot like Natalie grabbed my hand before I left Earth. She told me that Natalie might have been forced to kill me, but that doesn't mean I should die. She said it wasn't my time yet. She lead me back to Earth and told me to tell you that times running short to save Natalie. She told me that killing me scared her, and her strength is fading fast. You have to save her Egon!" 

"He's playing with my emotions," I sighed sitting down. "Ligen knew White would save you and he wouldn't tell her." Ellis picked up the book and placed it in my hands. 

"You know what to do little brother. Go save her. You're the only person who can save her, we all know it." 

"I'll be back Ellis," I told him and he shock his head. 

"I'm coming to New York to stay a while," he laughed. "I have a few meetings and I want to see Natalie when you save her, me and the kids." 

"Then I'll see you later." 

I walked out of the room and found the guys leaning against the car. They smiled at me and without a word we jumped into the car, driving away. I looked at the book for a long time, thinking about the riddle White told me. Sometimes a brother's love is greater then anything else. What the hell was that supposed to mean? 

"Egon?" Ray asked. I looked up to see the guys staring at me. 

"What?" I asked. 

"There's something that you're not telling us," Peter observed. I sighed. 

"So?" I asked. 

"So spill it," Winston said. 

"It's something White told me that is the key to freeing Natalie," I answered, looking at my hands. "Sometimes a brother's love is greater then anything else. I have no idea what it means." 

"You don't?" Ray asked me. I nodded. 

"She wouldn't tell me, and it makes no sense. What brother's love? What can it be greater then? What does it mean?" 

"Well Natalie has two brothers, doesn't she?" Peter asked. I nodded. "Don't you both love her?" 

"Of course we love her!" 

"Then what is the problem. Maybe just loving Natalie is the key." 

"How on Earth is just loving Natalie the key?" 

"I don't know. It was just a thought." 

"Peter, I just don't know how to save Natalie. It's not like I can open a portal to the book's dimension." 

"Why not?" Ray asked. I shock my head at him. 

"It's not that simple Ray," I told him. "For one thing I would have to know where that place is and where to find it. Second the dome that protects it only allows demons inside unless the ghost or human forces something else in, trapping them. That is the case with Natalie. I would have to figure out how to pass the dome to get in, then a way out. Third is Ligen. I don't know how to stop him." 

"Egon, it sounds like you are saying it's impossible to save Nat," Winston put in. 

"I think it is. I give up." 

"What?" everyone cried. 

"Egon, she's your sister!" Peter told me. 

"She needs you right now!" Winston agreed. 

"You can't just give up," Ray put in. "That's not like you." 

"Don't you all get it!" I cried at them. "I've lost! I can't figure out a stupid riddle that will save her! I can't figure out how to stop Ligen! I can't figure out how to get to her and save her! I can't figure it out! I can't save her. She's doomed." 

The others were quite for a while. We passed the statue that was an honor to her. I sighed has we stopped in from of it. Peter pulled me out of the car and dragged me to the metal under the stone's feet. 

"Read it," he told me. "Out loud." 

"To where ever Dr. Natalie Spengler is, thank you, and we will miss you. You were a great sister-" 

"A great sister," Peter interrupted. The other were looking at me. 

"Jee, she was a great sister, huh?" Winston asked. "Cause the way her brother is talking you would think she deserved to be stuck in that book beating herself up about everything she's done and things that Ligen has done to her." 

"I never said that!" I snapped at him. 

"Then find her," Ray told me, shoving the book into my hands. "No one else here can do it. We can try, but it's going to take you to do it." 

"Ray," I started but he held up his hand. 

"Egon, who came up with the plan to stop Gozer?" he asked me. 

"I did," I answered. 

"Who came up with the plan to stop that crazy ghost that was trying to destroy everything that made loud noise?" Peter asked me. 

"I did," I answered again. 

"Who came up with the plan to shut the Doomsday door?" Winston asked. 

"I did," I answered once again. 

"So who can come up with a way to save Natalie?" Ray asked me with a smile. I looked up at them, looking them all in the eyes. They were right. I had to save Natalie. 

"I am," I answered, and everyone cheered. Natalie was going to be saved one way or the other. 

What, did you really think I was going to kill Ellis off? I'm starting to think you people think I don't have a heart. 

Sparkles: You don't though. 

Who asked you?! Anyway I hope you all are reading The 5 Ghostbusters cause that is one of the best Ghostbuster fanfic I have read! Not that there are many on here... So I hope you liked this chapter, some big things are going to happen in the next few chapters! Peace out my Stars!