Chapter 39

Isabella's POV

So we flew out to California last night. I wish I could say we were here to do something fun, but no we are just here to visit my dad who recently moved out here since he's now rich. I really don't understand him. My parents got divorced when I was 11, I'm 17 now. Ever since they've been divorced my dad has been an ass. We are required to visit him by law every other weekend, but I don't think he wants us and none of us want to see him either. He just won the lottery so he moved out to California which is a 5 hour flight from my town. The court really doesn't expect us to make that trip every other week does it? I don't know, I'm almost 18 anyway so it doesn't matter. 

We were heading to my dad's new house, but my sister made us stop at Starbucks. I don't drink coffee so I got a cake pop. Big mistake. We sat down and my mom was on the phone with a lawyer or my dad or something. I don't really know, all I know is that she is pissed at whoever she's talking to. Of course as soon as I started eating my brother started calling me fat and stuff like usual. I knew he was just doing it to make me mad, but it really hurt. My sister joined in. I'm the middle child so they like to team up on me. Their words were really getting to me. I stopped eating and got ready to throw my full cake pop away when my mom got off the phone. When she saw the crumpled up cake pop she started yelling at me. It was so embarrassing and the things she was saying hurt too. She obviously hates me. I mean she's pretty much telling me that right now. I was on the verge of tears so I put my head in my hands so nobody would see me cry. Of course my brother and sister started calling me a cry baby when I did that. I felt someone put their hand on my back and then ask what was going on. Great my dysfunctional family attracted an audience. I told the person that it was none of their business and then went to the bathroom to escape the crowd. 

Once in the bathroom I just collapsed into sobs. I couldn't calm myself down so I put in my ear buds and turned on my play list of songs I listen to when I'm feeling like this. Most of them are Demi songs. I may be slightly obsessed with her. My family doesn't know that I like her though because they would make fun of me for liking a 'Disney Star' which is stupid, I know, but my family is messed up so I just go with it. Warrior started playing and I turned to volume up all the way and curled up in a ball crying. During the middle of the song I felt someone sit down next to me. Shit, I forgot to lock the door. I pulled my ear buds out but didn't look at the person. 

"Yes you did," the person laughed. Wait I know that laugh. No it can't be. Don't get your hopes up Isabella. Nothing like that would ever happen to you and you know it.

"Shit,  I said that out loud?" 

"Yup," the person said popping the p. You could clearly hear Warrior playing though my ear buds since the volume was turned up all the way. "Ahhh, so you're a Lovatic?" the person asked.

"It's none of your business is it? Why don't you just leave me alone?" 

"Maybe what happened out there with your family was none of my business, but I'm not going to leave one of my Lovatics crying in a bathroom alone," wait did she just say 'my Lovatics'? Is it really her? It can't be! I slowly lifted my head up and turned to face her. Holy Shit! It's Demi fucking Lovato! I'm pretty sure I was frozen for a few minutes with my mouth open in shock then I just completely broke down. I felt her arms wrap around me. I didn't know what to do. I was in shock. I didn't even hug back I was so shocked. I just kept crying to the point I was hyperventilating. She pulled away. "Woah, calm down. Breathe, okay?" she said smiling at me. God she was so perfect. "So I was right, you are a Lovatic," I just nodded my head because I couldn't get any words out. 

Demi's POV

I sat there looking at the girl in front of me. She was so gorgeous. She looked like she was mixed. She had a ton of big, curly, dark brown hair. She had dark skin and brown eyes. I felt a weird connection to her. It was kind of like what I felt with Anna the first time I met her, but different in a way. Shit, Anna. They are probably wondering where I'm at. "I really have to get going, but remember you are gorgeous and nothing that they say to you will ever change that," I said and hugged her again. "Stay strong for me," I said and got up to leave.