Chapter 10 - starting to know why

Chapter is dedicated to @MatildaAnkumah for being so loyal to the book since it started. Thick love💖 yh

       Lix's POV

    Wow, looks like this week is going to end earlier than expected. That was my first thought today as I woke up. For goodness sake, Monday was just yesterday. How come today is Thursday already? It's not like I want to regulate time or anything of that sort you know? Just surprised. Well, I still make it a point to get ready as early as possible. Not before sending a good morning text to Em and wishing her well in her test today. I know it's too early to be all over the girl but really, I seriously don't know why I'm like this. I honestly don't remember when last I got so interested in a lady like this. Must it be when I was fifteen or eighteen? I seriously don't remember. Unbelievable I must say. I will definitely have to find out why I'm like this because of her. With that thought, I go about my early morning routine. In a couple of minutes, I am done and ready for school. As I leave my room, I post a note on Coles' door wishing him well in his test as well. Grabbing a banana from the fruit basket, I make my way out of the house. I plan on using a cab today for a change.

        At school, I  go to the library to submit my assignment through email. The submission date is not due yet but then, I like my stuff in order so I do my things a bit earlier to avoid them from piling up. Just as I am about completing my task, I feel my leg hit something under the desk. I ignore it and do what I ought to do. Once I'm done with my work and ready to leave the library, I look under the desk to see what was grabbing my legs' attention. I see a couple of papers in a transparent file. I pick it up only to see it belonged to Em since it had her name on it. I look at the paper more closely only  to see it's her curriculum vitae. Not that I'm trying to pry into her affairs or anything of that sort but I just can't help being curious. I sit back and go through the paper. By doing that, I got to know more about her. If not anything, I got to know she has a foundation and is also working on a resource app and also does volunteering work too. I also got to know she writes and plays the guitar too. It is one thing getting to know a beautiful lady and a whole different thing to know she is beautiful with brains. Now, I think I am starting to know why I am in interested in her aside her personality. With better understanding as to why I am like that around her, I make my way towards the librarian and leave her file behind as well as make sure she gets it back. I am pretty much sure she wouldn't want this all over the place. I should gift her with a tainted file I thought.

           I get to class and sit at my usual seat. After all, nobody comes to class before me so I get to choose where to sit. I scroll through my phone to check if she's replied to my texts. But just as I expected, she hadn't so I plug in my headphones and listen to some tracks as I wait for the lecturer and the rest of the class. Remembering that my weekend starts early, I am in no rush to get out of school today. Since it is no fault of mine for not having lectures on Fridays.