Element 22

Chris's POV
When we both settled in my car, I started the engine then took off. After Tyler started teasing Bianca, I got so mad because he clearly didn't see the terror in her eyes. I wanted to punch him right then and there but Bianca fell and I had to pick her up. Then she told me her past. What kind of father will do that to their own daughter? Sick bastard, hope he rots in hell. Come to think of it she never told me about her mom, need to ask her about that. I parked my car then got out. Quickly towards Bianca's door, I opened it like a gentleman.
We're at the park were we hanged out not too long ago. We sat down near a benches but it was silent for a moment so I broke the silence.

"You never told me about your mother."

"Oh well I-"

"You don't have to tell me tho if your not comfortable about it. " I said quickly. She giggles softly.

"No Chris, I want to. You've always been by my side ever since I got here, maybe not a good impression at first but we've became very close these past few months. " she said looking at me with a sad smile. Fuck, Tyler really is going to get a beating.

"I'm all ears, kitten."

"She died by a car hitting her, it was my fault really. I was very young and I saw an ice cream truck across the street. So I begged mother to buy me one and she agreed. However I was so excited, I ran across the street without thinking. Mother pushed me when a car was coming towards me...well you know what happens next. After that my father blamed me of her death. I would always get yelled at, so yeah. "

She giggled after her story.

"It's nice to have someone listen to you right?" She asked.

"Yeah it is.."

She had a hard life, all I can do is comfort her. Fucking Tyler, he will get a taste of his own medicine. I chuckle. 30 minutes past and we just sat in silence which was fine for both us us. It was getting late so I drove her home.

"Thanks, goodnight."

"Night, kitten. "

Bianca's POV

The next morning we all went to school but Chloe is still mad as ever. Everything wasn't normal, everyone was looking at me and laughing. I knew why, Tyler. I tried to ignore it and go to class. Skipping to art class, I sat by Chris. We've been closer then ever which brought a smile to my face.

"Today's assignment is to draw an object you see in this room. Try to make it realistic as possible. Begin!" The teacher said.

I decided to draw the clock since it's probably the easiest.

"What are you going to draw, Chris?"

"Her flowers on her desk. You?"

"The clock!"

He chuckled. We began to sketch, I'm halfway finished until the bell rang. Schools over! Yay! I didn't need to deal with Tyler. Putting away our supplies, me and Chris left the class. However he stopped me.

"Don't wait up for me, I have something I need to do. "

"Oh, okay. Cya tomorrow then."

He ran the other direction. I wanted to know what he needs to do but I don't want to interfere. I went outside greeted by all my friends.

"Hey Maybel, hi ema, hi destiny, what's up Julia!" I greeted.

"Hey Bianca! "

"I was thinking this Saturday we should have a sleepover." Maybel said.

"Sounds fun! I'm in." Danah said.

We were discussing about the event until I heard people shouting.

"Fight! Fight! Fight!"

I turned my head to see Chris punching Tyler repeatedly.

"Oh no.." I whispered. Me and everyone else ran towards the fight. Chris has a bruise on his left cheek and a bleeding bottom lip, Tyler was way worst. His left eye swollen and bruised, a cut on his chin also with more bruises.

"Chris! Stop! Your hurting him!" I yelled but he continued to punch.

"Chris?" Finally he stopped and turned to me. My eyes were getting teary. Once he saw me his eyes softened. Chloe went up to Tyler, trying to help him up.

"Why?" I asked

"....."

"Chris? Tyler's one of your best friends. I'm grateful you care about me but don't take your anger on him. "

"Hopefully he'll stop with his nonsense. " he mumbled. I sighed and went to help Tyler. The girls and I carried him towards the nurse since he is really heavy.

"Oh my goodness. Put him on top of the bed. What happened?" The nurse asked.

"Uhh fell of the stairs?" Julia said but more like a question. She nodded her head and told up to leave. Everyone got into Maybel's car but Chris grabbed my hand. I knew he wanted me to ride with him so I went. He started the car and drove off.

"When I was younger before, my parents got to a divorce, my father would always take money from my mother. It came to a point where we were almost broke so I decided to do Street fighting."

"That's illegal! Chris you could've been arrested!"

"I almost was but I managed to escape from the police from streetfighting, I got lots of money. my mother would ask where I get it but I just told her I got a job in a gas station I have learned boxing and used it for good. Bianca listen, I will always be there for you no matter what. I will protect you at all cost. I promise."

Tears already falling, jeez I'm such a crybaby. Chris is a nice guy after all. I smiled.
"Thank you, Chris."

He looked at me then back on the road. We made it in front of my house.

"You never told me when your football game is?"

"In 2 weeks, on Friday. You don't have to go after what happened the first-" I put my hand on his mouth.

"Thanks Chris but I have to go, for you and to face my fear. Bye.."

"Bye, kitten." He winked. I laughed and went inside. Everyone was starring at me.

"..what?"

"Explanation time! " they all said I explained everything about how I trust Chris and how he said he will protect me Chloe was beyond furious.

"How could you tell him about what Gabriella did to you! do you know what's going to happen next time, someone could've heard, someone--"

"Chloe! Stop over thinking it! I trust Chris! I believe he can help us! "

"Are you that naive! First you become friends, second trust, third betrayal. Sooner or later he will expose us!"

"Stop Chloe! I'm not listening to this!" Vines started growing around me and fire started to grow around Chloe. Stuti and Danah tried to calm us but it only made it grow more.

"I'm trying to protect you!"

"From what?! Gabriela is miles away! It's not like she will appear right in front of us!"

"She controls spirits! Do I have to remind you!" Chloe yelled.