Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

Noel got to the hospital in about five minutes. Fortunately for him, the hospital was very near to his house. The five minutes to the hospital seemed like an hour for Noel. He couldn’t get the journal entries out of his head. He was so upset that someone like Jasmine could get so hurt. But overall, he was just worried. Really, really worried.

Noel quickly walked up to the hospital and signed in at the front desk.

“I’m here to see Jasmine…” he didn’t know her last name. “Umm...Jasmine, Jasmine…” he racked his brain for an answer. Exasperated, he blurted “the girl that came in the ambulance after suffering abuse from her father!” He regretted the words as soon as they came out of his mouth. The people surrounding him seemed horrified. Noel sighed and ran his fingers through his silky brown hair. “Please, just let me in.” he pleaded. The nurse studied Noel’s face and after a moment of hesitation opened the doors to let him in.

“Room 23. Son, I really hope she feels better.” said the nurse sympathetically. Noel curtly nodded, clearly fidgeting to get through those doors. As soon as the doors opened, Noel leaped through them and quickly located room 23. It was in the Intensive Care Unit. He knew that this wasn’t good. He sat outside the room with his head in his hands.

“Noel…?” a soft voice called. It belonged to a beautiful girl with deep sapphire colored eyes as well as long dark brown hair. She was tall and skinny, and was practically a model. She was wearing a tightly fitted lab coat which was very peculiar. Noel looked up with tears in his eyes and internally groaned. ‘Could this day get any worse? What is she doing here?!’ he mentally shouted.

“Hello Brittany.” he said stiffly.

“Noel...I’ve missed you so much” she replied. Noel scoffed and looked away from her. “I mean it Noel. I really do. I’m really sorry about what happened. I’ve been meaning to ask you if we could start over.” she asked with an overly sweet tone to her voice. A burst of annoyance and anger shot through Noel. He abruptly stood up and approached her.

“Brittany! For the thousandth time, no! I’m sorry but we are over! What don’t you understand about that?” he exclaimed. He got many strange and disapproving looks but he ignored everyone. “You think you can just cheat on me with some other guy and come back to me once he dumps you because he finds out you have a boyfriend? How stupid can you get?!” he shouted, hurt evident in his eyes.

“Baby..” Brittany started.

“No! Just please leave me alone. I don’t even know why you’re here.” he said, exhausted.

“I’m the nurse for the patient in room 23” she said with a ‘matter-of-fact’ tone. ‘What the fuck is the world doing to me?!’ Noel groaned once again internally. “That girl must’ve gotten it bad.” she said looking at her nails uncaringly.

“How did you become a goddamn nurse? Oh and an amazing one too? What kind of nurse looks at her nails when she's speaking about her patient?!” he asked angrily. Last time I checked, you didn’t know what you wanted to be doing.” Noel said disapprovingly.

“I’m not actually a nurse! I’m 17 for God’s sake! I’m just volunteering here. My parents made me. Why are you so angry?!” she exclaimed.

Noel ignored her question. “So you don’t care at all what’s going on in that room?” Noel said tightly.

“Noel, what kind of question is that?!” she exclaimed.

“I’m done with you. I can’t even look at you anymore.” Noel said, infuriated.

“Brittany?” said a young doctor peeking out of the room that Jasmine was in. Brittany put on a fake smile.

“Yes Dr. Connor?” she asked flirtatiously. ‘What. The. Fuck?!’ Noel thought angrily. He once again groaned internally. He had been doing that a lot lately. He stormed out of the room when he heard the doctor say the worst news he could possibly listen to at that moment.

“She doesn’t have a pulse anymore. We have to use electrical shocks now. This will be really dangerous though. All the internal damage she’s suffering from will impede the process. We’re just hoping for the best.” Doctor Connor said gravely.

Noel felt his heart drop. He didn’t even know the girl yet he had such strong feelings towards her.

'She can’t die. She will not die’ he thought. Sadness was quickly overtaking and encompassing his body.

Author's Note:

Thanks so much for all the support guys! And sorry about the cliffhanger haha! :) I'll do my best to update very soon.