Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Sunday March 1, 2014

1:35 am

Happiness - it radiates through my body, making me feel warm and content. My cheeks hurt from smiling. I have tingles going up my spine. Those tingles make me shiver and bring a smile upon my face. Laughter erupts from my mouth, the beautiful melody enlightening everyone. My heart swells with happiness and I never want the moment to end. But of course, sadness overtakes it in the end. Silence, darkness, tears. They make me tremble with the fear of blowing over. I try to be happy, I try to smile, but it's inevitable - the tears gather in my eyes and I finally let them slip, all my burdens and pressures crushing my small, fragile being.

2:17 am

Fear grapples at my heart while I try to persuade myself that tonight will be different. It will be peaceful and restful. But I know, it'll be the same as it always is. Tears silently trickling down my cheeks while I remember her past.

2:20 am

My head starts to hurt. I'm scared of the monster inside.

10:05 am

I woke with a start. The familiar nightmares started suffocating me. The tears start gathering and I refused to let them spill. I put my head in my hands and caught my breath. She was gone, and I couldn't do anything about it. I had to get past it. But how? She meant the world to me. "Jasmine!" my father yelled. I jumped a mile in the air, my laptop flying off my lap. "Y-yes?" I stuttered back. "Get down here this instant." he replied with venom trickling from his voice. What did he want now? He already ruined my life. He already scarred me and changed me from who I was. I didn't want to go down, but knew that I had to. "Coming." I replied quietly, weakly.