Gone Too Soon (6) ~final

[Author's note: Please read this! Thank you for chosing to read the entire story. If you havent i hope you do. (If you havent dont read this chapter, it's the end). Thank you for supporting both me and christopher throughout the story, it really means a lot to the both of us. Remember to vote, comment, and fan if you already havent!. Thank you!!!]

        It wasn’t long until I woke up, feeling heartbroken and deprived of what I needed most; Christopher. When I opened my eyes all I seen was white. My eyes were sore from crying so much and my cheeks were tingly from the tears. My entire body felt numb as I sat there quietly and looked around. Christopher’s limp body was next to mine on the next bed over. I almost started crying.

      A doctor stumbled into the room with a clipboard. He didn’t even seem to notice that I was lying there. He slowly walked over to Christopher and flipped up the laptop that was hooked up to his machine. I sat up and watched him carefully, being very protective over him.

       Suddenly the doctor froze, slowly looking up at me. His dark eyes looked cold and unloving. I immediately didn’t like him. "You must be Jacob, the boy who fainted in the ambulance?" he rolled his eyes a little. Was he making fun of me!? What was this doctor’s problem? He went back to working on a few things with Christopher before walking over to me. He checked a few things then crossed his arms and sighed.

       "Listen..." he started to have a normal conversation with me; one that didn’t include eye rolls. “We have to take Christopher into surgery to take care of a few things..." my heart skipped a beat as he continued. "There’s a good chance he might not make it out alive."

        I instantly sprung from my bed, ripping half of my needles out and causing me to wince at the pain. I wrapped my arms around Christopher who was completely unconscious and unaware of what was happening. The doctor sighed heavily and tried to pull me away but I didn’t budge. I wasn’t about to let go of the boy I loved the most.

         When I looked down at Christopher, tears dripped off of my chin and fell onto his face. I quietly ran my fingers through his sandy hair and choked back the tears. The doctor let go of me as I pulled myself closer to Christopher, wrapping my arms all the way around him and holding him to my chest. "I don’t want to let go of him." I quietly told the doctor.

          He nodded silently and I slowly put Christopher back onto the bed. I retreated to my own bed and let the doctor Asses the wounds i had accidentally caused myself. I watched Christopher in complete silence, holding my breath as if it would bring him back to me.

           A few days had passed and they had finally taken Christopher into surgery. Every second of the four hours he was in there i felt like I would have a heart attack. Eventually, I got the news that he had made it through and had actually woken from his coma, though I still wasn’t allowed to see him. I was released from the hospital the same day of the surgery but decided to stick around and wait for Christopher. Thankfully, i had convinced one of the nurses to let me stay by his side at least for the night.

          I walked into his room holding a stuffed animal in one hand and glancing at the white walls and tile flooring. Christopher was fast asleep. I slowly crept toward him, being extra careful not to wake him. As soon as i was at his side i fell to my knees. My heart ached to see him this way; broken, sad, and lonely. I pulled myself onto a nearby chair and slowly intertwined my fingers with his; he didn’t move.

           "Jake..." his voice was harsh yet still so sweet and loving. His eyes opened a little and he turned his head. I smiled at him as tears of joy trickled down my cheeks. He was awake and he was okay.